New Server?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Bredo, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Hello, I am a Developer and Builder, I have a lot of good ideas for a server, and I want to give it a shot.
    Now, what are some of the first things I should do when I want to create a new server?
    where should I start?

I have a server setup, but what should I do first, create plugins? build stuff? and what are the things I should do?

2. That is kind of hard to answer. You are going to need both, not one or the other.

Start with whatever you feel should be started first.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I know it is pretty hard to answer, I just don't really know where to start with it. I know what I want, but just not where to start... :(

4. I know the feeling, 100 ideas and no freaking clue how to put it into fruition.
    My suggestion (and I know this sounds so 1995) but draw a map (not like a world map, kinda like a story map), map out your project, create lists of things you need to do.
    Put things into sections, like a section for your world, what do you need to build, where does it need to go, theme, structures, etc.
    Create a section for plugins, decide what plugins you need to write, what the need to include, etc.

Once you have your map done, start with something in the middle (not too hard not too easy), and tackle one section of your map at a time.

5. Hmm, I think I understand what you mean, I will try to create "the kinda like a story map", so I can get an overview of what it is I need. Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1