New to this, few questions

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by THEMIKEBERG, May 31, 2017.

1. So I'm quite new to Java programming and OOP languages in general, so I understand that what I want to achieve has a fairly large scope and is quite ambitious.

That aside, I'm looking to see if spigot is what I want or can even achieve what I want to attempt.

I'm looking to add some twists to current mainstream server uses like, economy, teleporting, etc.

Right off the get-go what I want to avoid is custom mechanics that force the player to use in-game chat for commands. If it can be physicalised in-game then it will be (if it can).

ex: Instead of currency being an invisible object in a invisible wallet, I'd prefer if the currency can be items (coins) that can be dropped, picked up, and used in transactions with shops in some way.

Another idea is to give the players the ability to craft a "teleport block" and "teleport tabs" the block would be the location of where a player teleports to, the tabs are the items used to teleport to said block.

I've also been looking into the idea of custom GUI from what I gather it's quite limited but there is some functionality that I can get out of it. Which bodes well for me.

I imagine that stuff like this is possible in a singleplayer mod but when it comes to bukkit/spigot I have no idea!

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/coins.33382/ This plugin leads me to believe that I might be on the right track.

In the end this is just a side project for me but before I go ahead and attempt any of this I'm hoping to find out if I'm on the right track. If anyone could confirm or deny this for me I'd greatly appreciate it!

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

2. Yes, both can be done.

3. Yes,
    when you have other questions,
    write me a private message

4. Can you stop post-farming?