Ninite but for Minecraft

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Seff300, Jun 12, 2021.

?

Would you like to see a website like this?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. Hello,
    I recently got into front-end web development and got an idea to attempt to recreate a website called Ninite. If you don't know what Ninite is it is basically a website where you can easily download multiple programs to your PC.

I have already basically made the website as just a practice but I was curious if people in the Minecraft server community would be interested in something like this. The website would most likely be targeted at beginners or people who just want to quickly setup a Minecraft server to play with their friends.
    If people are interested in this I will also ask the plugin developers for permission who's plugins I want to include on the website and credit them/link their Spigot page.

Also if you have any ideas on how to improve this idea then please let me know!

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum.

Thanks,
    Seff.

2. I think this is great idea.

3. This could be a nice project, but personally, I wouldn't download executables from some random website.

You said you've recently started learning and now want to create a website where people can download executables. That sounds like hacker paradise to me. Don't forget that website security is complex yet essential.

So if you do decide to create this project, please learn about the (web) security fundamentals first.

4. Thank you for your input guys!

Yes, I agree that web security is very important and will work on it.

5. I would never run something like this, I rather be in control, and know what I run. Not some unofficial 'god knows what coin miner or malware, ransomware, etc is in this executable' third party thing.