Not loading the texture of the custom heads

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Ninjay_, May 4, 2021.

1. I made a GUI with custom heads using nicks to have texture, everything was working a few hours ago, but now no more texture loads, from any menu.

upload_2021-5-4_12-22-39.png
    upload_2021-5-4_12-23-20.png

2. You or your server probably hit a rate limit with mojang for loading skins (x requests per y time period)

3. Your answer makes sense, but would anyone know if there is any way to resolve it?

4. Can you show your code?

5. I'm a bit outdated, but wasn't there a way to cache the requests?

6. The problem is not the code, I just create an ItemStack using a player's nickname, and until a while ago it was working, and without me changing anything it stopped loading the texture.

7. I'm not sure about that.

8. Did you use SkullMeta?

9. Yes, this is the method I use to create custom heads:
    Code (Text):

public static ItemStack newHead(String name, String owner, int amount, String... lore) {
            ItemStack item = new ItemStack(Material.SKULL_ITEM, amount, (short) SkullType.PLAYER.ordinal());
            SkullMeta meta = (SkullMeta) item.getItemMeta();
            meta.setOwner(owner);
            meta.setDisplayName(name);
            meta.setLore(Arrays.asList(lore));
            item.setItemMeta(meta);
            return item;
        }

10. What's the server version, and is there any related issues you've experienced, such as missing player skins?

11. The server is hosted on my machine at version 1.8.8, and regarding the players' skins I didn't see any problems.

12. Double check where you use the function is creating the skull properly, and try printing what the function returns in a console log
    EDIT: If what I'm seeing on my server is the same issue, they've done something with skins during the 1.16 updates, I can't seem to get skins working on a 1.8 server, but they work fine on a 1.16 server on the same machine

13. Is the server's internet connected?

14. Yes