NuVotifier

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Peaches_MLG, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Im getting this error whilst trying to setup NuVotifier:
    Code (Text):
     14:34:43 [SEVERE] [NuVotifier] Votifier was not able to bind to /158.69.120.31:8192
    java.net.BindException: Address not available
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433)
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425)
    at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:223)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketChannel.doBind(NioServerSocketChannel.java:128)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.bind(AbstractChannel.java:558)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.bind(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1283)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeBind(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:501)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.bind(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:486)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.bind(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:989)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.bind(AbstractChannel.java:254)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap$2.run(AbstractBootstrap.java:365)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.AbstractEventExecutor.safeExecute(AbstractEventExecutor.java:163)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:403)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:463)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858)
    at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:138)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    14:34:43 [INFO] Enabled plugin NuVotifier version 2.3.7 by ParallelBlock, blakeman8192, Kramer, tuxed
    I think its because i havent port forwaded, however Im unsure how to portforward, ive dont ufc allow 8193 in terminal. but it still doesnt work. If you could help please respond. Thanks

2. If you are running on your home computer, either that IP is wrong or the port is being used by something else
    If you are on a hosting service, ask them what port you have and change the config

3. Make sure to have the port open if you are home hosting. Use this to make sure the port is open: http://canyouseeme.org/

Also, you cant use the port where your server is running. you need to use another port.

4. i'm not home hosting, it's running of a dedi by soyoustart, I opened a support ticket asking if the ports are open, I will post a reply when they do

5. They replied saying the port should be open:
    "Please be advised that we do not have any restrictions applied to the ports. For security purposes, we do not have access to your server. Only you can have a port open. Normally, when you set up a service that listens to the port, the port is open by default."

I also typed this in on terminal: uwf allow 8192.

Do i need to do anything in petrodactyl for it to be able to connect?

6. Have you tried using another port?

7. The Votifier setup guide of mcprohosting says you can use any 4 digit number above 1024 as your port. If a port doesn't work, just try another until it does work. NuVotifier works the same as Votifier itself.

8. #8 Peaches_MLG, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018