Universal NuVotifier v2.5.3

A fork of Votifier, with more robust code and vote forwarding

1. The issue here is discrepancies between certain voting sites and your votifier. Not much can be done since they dropped support completely for this resource, which sucks because it's a widely used one.
    I recommend you use whatever can receive a vote without throwing a process error. Vanilla V1, or current V2 protocol enabled sites seem to be the only kind that work for 1.8-1.12 servers.
    Confirmed list of sites that currently work for 1.8-1.12:
    1. http://www.eyeofender.com/
    2. https://top-minecraft-servers.com/
    3. http://minecraftservers.org/
    4. http://minecraft-mp.com/server/157967/vote/

If you know any other sites that work for sure, please let us know!

2. Geez that really does suck, so theres absolutely no way for a fix?

3. @StarRift
    You said http://minecraftservers.org/ works, but tha'ts the one i was using to test it with, and got that error.
    Reason I was trying to switch to NuVotifier is because I was told it was more secure.
    Recently, I have had a player somehow spamming votes, getting tons of rewards and starting a lot of voteparties alone. I wanted ot try and switch to NuVotifier to see if that'd solve it, but I don't know how it's done.

#783 pramsing, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  4. Our best hope at this point is if the authors pass on the resource to other reputable developer(s).

Make sure you are using the latest version of nuvotifier universal for bungee/spigot. It doesn't matter what Mc version you are hosting, have the latest resource otherwise people can send you fake vote packets.
    Also, looks like you might want to remove "/plugins" and "/?" permissions so players cannot find exploits in your plugins that easily.

5. @StarRift Latest nuvotifier isn't working for me and there's that problem with all normal votifier, isn't there? Both /plugins and /? are blocked

6. What server protocol are you on?

7. Ichbinjoe updated NuVotifier with a new update entry:

Pre-update - fixing stuff and adding some feature - type stuff.

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. I have added some tutorial videos created by server.pro which will solve a lot of the issues I see. A general heads up - I don't look at the discussion. I have a full time job, and really don't have a lot of time to browse spigot much anymore. Best way to get ahold of me is using the github issues.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Unsure why its giving this in my bungeecord console, although the votes are being sent through.

10. Code (Text):
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] SEVERE Unable to process vote from /139.162.177.160:58048
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.handler.codec.CorruptedFrameException: Could not decrypt data (is your key correct?)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.net.protocol.VotifierProtocol1Decoder.decode(VotifierProtocol1Decoder.java:34)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.decodeRemovalReentryProtection(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:489)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:428)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:265)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.handlerRemoved(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:236)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.decodeRemovalReentryProtection(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:494)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:428)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:265)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
    15.11 01:32:18 [Server] INFO at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.channelRead(ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.java:86)
    15.11 01:32

Any idea? Heres my bungee config
    Code (Text):
    # The IP to listen to. Use 0.0.0.0 if you wish to listen to all interfaces on your server. (All IP addresses)
    # This defaults to the IP you have configured your server to listen on, or 0.0.0.0 if you have not configured this.
    host: x

# Port to listen for new votes on
    port: 2567

# Whether or not to print debug messages. In a production system, this should be set to false.
    # This is useful when initially setting up NuVotifier to ensure votes are being delivered.
    debug: true

# All tokens, labeled by the serviceName of each server list.
    tokens:
      # Default token for all server lists, if another isn't supplied.
      default: u3el48g01p6lsp6mhdtihali9h

# Setting this option to true will disable handling of Protocol v1 packets. While the old protocol is not secure, this
    # option is currently not recommended as most voting sites only support the old protocol at present.
    disable-v1-protocol: false

# Configuration section for all vote forwarding to NuVotifier
    forwarding:
      # Sets whether to set up a remote method for fowarding. Supported methods:
      # - none - Does not set up a forwarding method.
      # - pluginMessaging - Sets up plugin messaging.
      # - proxy - Proxies votes to other NuVotifier servers from this server.
      method: proxy
      pluginMessaging:
        channel: NuVotifier

#Only send votes to certain servers. If a server is present on excludedServers, then votes will NOT be forwarded
        #to them. If excludedServers is not present, votes will be sent to all servers.
        #If onlySendToJoinedServer is true, this option is ignored.

#excludedServers:
        #- server1
        #- server2

# Sets which cache to use if there are no players on the server that the vote is being sent to. Supported caches:
        # - none - Votes will simply be lost when no players are present on the server.
        # - memory - Votes will be cached in memory when no players are present. When Bungee is restarted, the votes will be lost.
        #   This method is NOT recommended for production systems!
        # - file - Votes will be saved to a local file every 3 minutes and on shutdown and reloaded when Bungee is restarted. This is suitable for
        #   most set ups.
        cache: file
        # Only sends the vote to the server in which the player is currently joined.
        onlySendToJoinedServer: false
        #Sets which server to send the vote in the event the player is not online when the vote is cast
        #If you do not want the vote forwarded to a fallback, set this value to empty ('')
        #ONLY USED IF onlySendToJoinedServer is true!!
        joinedServerFallback: 'Hub'
        # Options for file caching.
        file:
          name: cached-votes.json
          # days before a vote is considered 'dead' - removed from cache with a console warning
          voteTTL: 10
      # Specify servers to proxy votes for.
      proxy:
        Skyblock:
          address: x
          port: 2673
          token: d8f660te3n584efl87ac3l69m8
        Prison:
          address: x
          port: 2784
          token: e03bebb408qadq6i3n9ghrk701
    Put X on the ips

Need help asap <3

11. NuVotifier 2.3.6-pre
    I have this error:

Code (Text):
    [23:43:25] [nioEventLoopGroup-2-1/WARN]: A task raised an exception. Task: com.vexs[email protected]4da53698
    java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
        at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedHashIterator.nextNode(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_144]
        at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedKeyIterator.next(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_144]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getClassByName(JavaPluginLoader.java:191) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:97) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:86) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_144]
        at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.notifyOutboundHandlerException(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:837) ~[nuvotifier.jar:?]
        at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeClose(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:626) ~[nuvotifier.jar:?]
        at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.access$1100(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:38) ~[nuvotifier.jar:?]
        at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext$13.run(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:613) ~[nuvotifier.jar:?]
        at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.AbstractEventExecutor.safeExecute(AbstractEventExecutor.java:163) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
        at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:403) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
        at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:463) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
        at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
        at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:138) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_144]
    Other error:

Code (Text):
    [20:06:47 WARN]: A task raised an exception. Task: com.vexs[email protected]1a6a29d8
            at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedHashIterator.nextNode(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_144]
            at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedKeyIterator.next(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_144]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getClassByName(JavaPluginLoader.java:191) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:97) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:86) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.notifyOutboundHandlerException(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:837) ~[nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeClose(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:626) ~[nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.access$1100(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:38) ~[nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext$13.run(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:613) ~[nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.AbstractEventExecutor.safeExecute(AbstractEventExecutor.java:163) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:403) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:463) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:138) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
    NuVotifier 2.3.5
    I have this error:

Code (Text):
    [20:18:17 WARN]: Failed to fail the promise because it's done already: [email protected](success)
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.deregister(AbstractChannel.java:656) ~[nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.fireChannelInactiveAndDeregister(AbstractChannel.java:626) ~[nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.close(AbstractChannel.java:600) ~[nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.close(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1107) ~[nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeClose(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:543) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.access$1100(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:32) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext$13.run(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:533) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:358) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:357) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:112) [nuvotifier.jar:?]
            at com.vexsoftware.votifier.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:137) [nuvotifier.jar:?]

#791 oracl3, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  12. Using NuVotifier on a 1.8.8 spigot server with GA listener, when sending a test vote (tried with multiple server lists & test voting sites), I get the following error;
    Code (Text):
    [Server] ERROR [Votifier] Unable to process vote from /198.74.57.227:44692

13. Using nuVotifier with Enjin Vote For Diamonds module, latest enjin build, spigot server, 1.12.1
    NOT a bungee setup, single server.

Getting the same error as others:
    ERROR [Votifier] Unable to process vote from /xxx.xx.xx.xx:xxxxx <-- masked, probably doesnt matter

Cannot resolve the issue, config is setup properly as far as I can tell
    Others on spigot help chat (many) have looked at the config,and the debug, with no resolution
    Port verified open, vote sites and test sites report success when testing votes

Any help would greatly appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Reinstalled (many times) and on about the 10th fully clean install (removed the folder and the jar, rebooted server twice, then reinstalled, and restarted server, changed config, restarted server) -- and deleted the Vote For Diamonds module, and created a new one...

Finally working.
    Seems like common sense,but I did perfect installed at least 9 out of 10 times, and I am going to guess I got a public key that the voting sites and votifier agreed with.

15. Ichbinjoe updated NuVotifier with a new update entry:

v2.3.6

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. IM RUNNING ON PRODUCTION SERVER - fixed the issue where "invalid token" so if you have that bug i would use this build. First time it works for me and its all due to the update. Thank you so much!

• Like Like x 1
  17. That version is wrong. It should now be 2.3.6, and is safe to run in production.

18. Latest version still says 2.3.6-pre ingame though..