Obfuscation

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by TheFuzzyHead5, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Hello,

So I need either advice on why this isn't working or another (working) obfuscator I can use. This is on ProGuard:

https://i.imgur.com/5yIVK4C.png

I'm having trouble with enums. My plugins fail to identify Enum classes when run, so I'm wondering how to fix this. Whether making it not touch enums in obfuscating or any other way.

Thanks people

2. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Honestly can't answer the question, however i'm pretty sure there are deobfuscators that can revert most of the obfuscation, might want to re-think the whole obfuscation thing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. You don't need any obfuscation if you write your code in such a way that no deobfuscator will help.
    Why do you want to use obfuscation? It is much better when you share your great (and not great) ideas with other people.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Maybe so the code doesn't get stolen, but look at the fact that minecraft is obfuscated AND deobfuscated pretty much perfectly, obfuscation is useless

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Firestar311

Supporter

I would highly recommend to just go open source, there will be someone that can recreate it anyways if they put their mind to it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. What errors are you getting?