Observation and Question

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by CCT, Jul 9, 2013.

1. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

BungeeCord (with 750 users online) is using up every bit of an E3 1230 v2 machine. This seems like a rather extreme amount of CPU usage - especially considering I could get 1000 players online with the CPU at 90% before 1.6.

Is there anything I could do to reduce this CPU usage? Such as allocating more or less RAM to Bungee (it currently has 4 GB RAM) or should I just buy a machine for it with more cores (I was looking at an 8 core, 2.4ghz machine as oppose to my current 4 core, 3.3ghz machine)

Also wondering if I should just go full force and get a 12 core, 2.0ghz machine.

2. joehot200

Supporter

Staminus have 24 core 2.0ghz for 500$, i'd recommend you go for that if you want lots of cores and less ghz.

Oh, and there is already a thread about rising CPU usage in 1.6, Looks like others are having this problem too :confused:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Try find an application that uses 24 cores... No way you need that many cores.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

kyllingman2 It's not 24 cores. It has 12 physical cores. It's just advertised as *24 cores (with HT)* because companies like to try to convince us that hyperthreading cores count as real cores.

Considering the amount of CPU usage the new Bungee is using I would probably buy a 24 core machine if I could find one.

5. Wasn't aware of that bungee has a big CPU usage.. :confused:

6. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

Can confirm, my bungee had used at max 100/1200% with 200 players and now uses 170/1200% with 140 players.

7. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

Any input on this md_5?

8. md_5

Administrator Developer

Try the latest build, in reality its probably a mojang issue if it appeared @1.6.

9. Ash

Ash

Should you not go after the clock rate in a machine?

10. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

md_5 Unfortunately the latest build absolutely did not help CPU usage - it's a little bit worse now even though I have less players online.

11. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

Ash Not if the machine is running Bungee

12. md_5

Administrator Developer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. md_5

Administrator Developer

Also pushing out an update now to ditch SQLite -> its a shitty system caushing all sorts of deadlocks

14. Ash

Ash

Yea but if you are running bungeecord along with minecraft more core speed is better?
    Cause minecraft can't even use multicore...

15. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

md_5 Nice meme. Anticipating upcoming updates because, although Minecraft doesn't get better with each update, Bungee and Spigot generally do. :)

• Agree Agree x 1