Official SpigotMC Discord Server — Join Now!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Apr 1, 2020.

1. md_5

Administrator Developer

Despite all the bad news as of late, to mark the start of April I have some good news to share with you all: as of right now we are launching the official SpigotMC Discord™ Server. Although we will still be keeping IRC as a first-class option for those who prefer the community/experience there, Discord™ will be an additional place to hang out with the SpigotMC community and seek interactive help/support. We know that many of you are already avid Discord™ users so quite frankly you would be foolish to not join our server right away.

Of course with synchronous communication, especially when it is persistent, there are additional moderation challenges. I would therefore like to remind everyone who joins that they will be held to the same high standard as on these forums (if not higher). All the existing IRC and General rules (as well as bans) still apply, and we have also developed some additional guidelines to ensure a pleasant experience for all.
    • Please make use of the nickname feature to align with your Forums nickname.
    • Please keep help requests simple and consider whether the Forums are not more appropriate to resolving your issue.
      • Posting issues on the forums makes it easier for more people to see your issue, and also creates knowledge which is easily accessible in the future. If you need to share more than a few lines of code or you expect the answer to be longer than a few sentences, then the forums are probably a more appropriate venue.
      • Although we can sometimes help with plugins, often the best thing to do is contact the author in their resource discussion thread. This is because there are thousands of plugins and we do not know everything about them all.
    • Please be mindful of timezones and other things. People are always online and will see your question at some stage. If they don't answer it is because they are busy or don't know. There is no need to ask if anyone is around or repeat it unless you think it got lost in another conversation.
    • Do not use Discord™ as a way of contacting Spigot Staff. If you have an issue with something on the Forums please open a report. Staff will not action requests communicated to them elsewhere.
    • As with IRC, do not advertise in any way, shape, or form.
    We hope that you enjoy this new service and we look forward to seeing you online.
    ~Spigot Team

Join Now!

#1 md_5, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    • Like x 15
    • Winner x 9
    • Funny x 5
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. FrostedSnowman

Resource Staff

Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces there!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ssamjh

Can't wait to chat with you all :)

Also:
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hello, Michael! :wave:

EDIT: Technically I'm the first non-staff to post in this thread... so.... FIRST!?

#4 TheJavaHacker, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SlimeDog

Patron

OMG! What is it about high noise-to-signal that people so enjoy? :cool:

#5 SlimeDog, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gianluca

Gianluca Retired Resource Staff
    Retired Patron

Yaaay

I'm not sure how much you'll be using Discord (outside of the Spigot one), but, a while ago, I somehow got there to be a channel for MC server owners and Mojang to talk, where there's weekly meetings, etc. There's frequent talk on server performance, and I feel like you'd be a great. addition. Lmk if it interests you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. oo
    nice!
    A few suggestions that have been put in the discord:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Edit: It's an april fools joke? lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SlimeDog

Patron

My server monitor -- a script that populates a web page -- runs version every 15 minutes, and displays an update marker whenever it isn't "current version". It does the same for all 150+ plugins we test. The web page refreshes itself, so we always know when an update is available. It isn't that difficult. (Oh, and we turn off all plugin update-checkers, and block the network callouts.)

#9 SlimeDog, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. SpacePuppeh

Supporter

I didn't expect this, hopefully it goes well!

Edit: And Please do moderate it well as you have said, some Discord communities easily descend into insults and chaos and trolls lol... but Spigot is a wonderful community, so I hope it stays just as nice on Discord as it is on the forums here.

10. 1st april guys

be careful

• Like Like x 4
  11. AppleMacOS

AppleMacOS Previously SpookyMacOS

I hope this isn't an April fools joke.

12. It's only an april fool's joke if it fails.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. simpleauthority

Supporter

You've made a deadly mistake

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Kek

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. This is 100% an April Fools joke. Funny one, Michael.

16. So that happened.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Choco

Good meme. I approve.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1