Offline doc?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Dimon6, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Hello again.
    I was wondering if there was some kind of offline documentation of the API. Cause I searched it and I couldn't find anything.

2. Why would you need that?

3. So he can work while not connected to the internet, such as a road trip or something of that nature?

4. Yes, you never know when your internet connection is going to go down. In my opinion it is good to have always offline installers, docs etc, just in case, you know.
    I want to learn to use the API properly. The wiki may server this purpose for me but I'd like to be able to have an offline version of the doc.

5. You can use a Website downloader, and download the documentation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. This is a way to do it. You should also be able to generate the JavaDocs yourself. https://github.com/SpigotMC/Spigot-API

7. Possible solution:
    - Go to the Spigot Maven Repository through the Hub tab.
    - Search for Spigot and get the one with -javadoc.jar at the end.
    - Change it to a zip or extract however you want after downloading it
    - That I believe is the Javadoc for that version

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. If you have a Mac, or iDevice you could add it to your reading-list which allows offline viewing.

9. Thank you! This was brilliant and just what I needed. c:

10. This thread is over 8 months old... Do you look at dates before responding to these threads?

11. No, I hadn't. This was something I used and I wanted to say thank you because it was very helpful to me. I was worried I was going to lose the 1.8 Spigot Javadocs (since the 1.9 update is/was today), and had been searching for a way to save it. I apologize for the thread necro, I should have just upvoted.