1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug Old chunks not connecting properly with newly generated ones.

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by ColeCraft, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Hello,

I am not entirely sure if this is a Bukkit/Spigot or a BungeeCord problem since it started to happen recently. Previously (about 1 week ago), chunks were generating fine, but ever since I updated Spigot and added BungeeCord to the server, I have notice that newly generated chunks are not properly connecting with old ones. My current map on the server has been about 6 months old, and once I installed BungeeCord and updated Spigot, chunks will go from a jungle biome straight into an ocean.

I notice the problem when creating a couple of test servers where the chunks around the spawn area are loaded already. But once I installed BungeeCord, I notice biome changes that are unusual. But never thought much about it.

Here is an image taken from our live map, as you can see how it goes from desert straight into ocean (including the ocean floor near the top corner): http://i.imgur.com/lStIpDI.png

Spigot Version: 1.5.2, build #934 (recommended build version)
    BungeeCord Version: build #514 (recommended build version)
    Any plugins recently updated: No, all plugins were installed way before this started happening and we do not have any plugins that interferes with chunks.
    Could somebody have WorldEdit it? I am 100% sure; no, as only two players have permission to it (me and co-owner).
    Any console errors/logs: Nope, everything is running smooth.
    Have you messed with the seed: Nope, all configurations for the server has not been touched/changed recently except for raising player limits.

Please let me know if I am missing any crucial information to help solve this problem or if the problem has been resolved already in newer builds.

Thanks!

#1 ColeCraft, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013