Spigot OldCombatMechanics - Disable 1.9 hit cooldown 1.10.0

Makes combat work like before 1.9, with no weapon cooldown etc.

1. It's working fine. Please see here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is there anyway for us to choose which of these features we want(for example if I just want the no hit delay)

3. Yes, all features are toggleable and customisable from the config.yml.

4. How to disable this plugin?

5. kernitus updated OldCombatMechanics - Disable 1.9 hit cooldown with a new update entry:

1.8.1 - 1.16 support & disable attack sounds module

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. "requires Java 8" - does this mean Java 11 won't work?

7. Java 8 or above. Personally I'm using Java 14.

8. The PAPI Support is broken, making the plugin fail to enable. Please fix

Code (Text):
    [04:14:59 INFO]: [OldCombatMechanics] Enabling OldCombatMechanics v1.8.1
    [04:14:59 INFO]: [OldCombatMechanics] Config file config.yml generated
    [04:14:59 ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling OldCombatMechanics v1.8.1 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: me/clip/placeholderapi/PlaceholderAPI.registerPlaceholderHook(Ljava/lang/String;Lme/clip/placeholderapi/PlaceholderHook;)Z (loaded from file:/home/container/plugins/PlaceholderAPI-2.10.7.jar by PluginClassLoader{plugin=PlaceholderAPI v2.10.7, pluginEnabled=true, url=plugins/PlaceholderAPI-2.10.7.jar}) called from class kernitus.plugin.OldCombatMechanics.hooks.PlaceholderAPIHook (loaded from file:/home/container/plugins/OldCombatMechanics.jar by PluginClassLoader{plugin=OldCombatMechanics v1.8.1, pluginEnabled=true, url=plugins/OldCombatMechanics.jar}).
    at kernitus.plugin.OldCombatMechanics.hooks.PlaceholderAPIHook.init(PlaceholderAPIHook.java:13) ~[?:?]
    at kernitus.plugin.OldCombatMechanics.OCMMain.lambda$onEnable$0(OCMMain.java:61) ~[?:?]
    at kernitus.plugin.OldCombatMechanics.OCMMain$$Lambda$4380/0000000025364D70.accept(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at kernitus.plugin.OldCombatMechanics.OCMMain.onEnable(OCMMain.java:61) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:263) ~[patched_1.16.1.jar:git-Prismarine-5]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:380) ~[patched_1.16.1.jar:git-Prismarine-5]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:483) ~[patched_1.16.1.jar:git-Prismarine-5]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:500) ~[patched_1.16.1.jar:git-Prismarine-5]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:414) ~[patched_1.16.1.jar:git-Prismarine-5]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R1.MinecraftServer.loadWorld(MinecraftServer.java:471) ~[patched_1.16.1.jar:git-Prismarine-5]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:242) ~[patched_1.16.1.jar:git-Prismarine-5]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R1.MinecraftServer.v(MinecraftServer.java:940) ~[patched_1.16.1.jar:git-Prismarine-5]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R1.MinecraftServer.lambda$a$0(MinecraftServer.java:177) ~[patched_1.16.1.jar:git-Prismarine-5]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R1.MinecraftServer$$Lambda$3000/00000000C17A6FA0.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]

9. PAPI reverted so plugins have time to update. Instead, there's a warning.

Code (Text):
    WARN ocm is attempting to register placeholders via a PlaceholderHook class which is no longer supported!

10. Awesome plugin!
    Are you gonna support 1.8 version also in future?
    I used to use this plugin in my server and suddenly 2 days ago the plugin stops working with this code
    Code (Text):

[20:29:18 INFO]: [OldCombatMechanics] Enabling OldCombatMechanics v1.8.1
    [20:29:18 ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling OldCombatMechanics v1.8.1 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: me.clip.placeholderapi.PlaceholderAPI.registerPlaceholderHook(Ljava/lang/String;Lme/clip/placeholderapi/PlaceholderHook;)Z
            at kernitus.plugin.OldCombatMechanics.hooks.PlaceholderAPIHook.init(PlaceholderAPIHook.java:13) ~[?:?]
            at kernitus.plugin.OldCombatMechanics.OCMMain.lambda$onEnable$0(OCMMain.java:61) ~[?:?]
            at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_251]
            at kernitus.plugin.OldCombatMechanics.OCMMain.onEnable(OCMMain.java:61) ~[?:?]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:264) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:337) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:402) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:374) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:323) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:421) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.l(MinecraftServer.java:382) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:337) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:272) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:544) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_251]

I do think it's something associate with PlaceholderAPI since that what catched as exception.

11. It is PAPI related - the person a couple of replies up had the same error. PAPI 2.10.7 removed some methods, but those methods were reverted in 2.10.8 with the removal set for 2.11.0. So make sure you're on the latest PAPI which is 2.10.8 and that should fix your error.

The inevitable will happen though. When PAPI 2.11.0 is released, OCM would have to update to use the new methods.

12. Can you add support for MMOCore / MMOItems?

13. Hello @kernitus :)
    does this plugin allow permission of the old combat system only to certain players ?

14. You can give players permission to use the /ocm toggle command.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Ok thank you !
    And is there a way to activate the old combat system by default for these player when connecting, without them having to do a command ?

Sorry for my questions, I'm looking for something specific.

Have a nice week end !

16. This may seem like an odd question, but does this support setting combat mechanics by world guard region. For example two arenas next to each other, one having 1.8 mechanics, and the other having 1.16 mechanics?

17. Not currently, no.

18. What a pity, there was so little missing for me to find my happiness :confused:

Thank you for your answers ! :)

19. At some point in the futureā„¢ we will be reworking the toggle functionality to include all enabled modules, so that a player can fully switch between the two combat modes rather than just change the attack speed.

20. Would it be possible to nerf axe damage further? even with all the values at 0 axes are still way to overpowered