Spigot OneWayBlocks 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT

Assign textures to different block sides

1. inventivetalent submitted a new resource:

OneWayBlocks - Assign textures to a single block side

Read more about this resource...

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. It appears to be magic... How do you do that? Are you a hacker? Are you god? IDK

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. You are just Crazyyyyyyy
    When i think you are done with the ideas you come up with something new every time

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. floory565

I've been looking for this for over four years... One-way glass... I love you...

• Like Like x 1
  5. floory565

It seems as though I'm only able to change two blocks before I'm unable to change anything else. I get the following error when I attempt to change the texture with the wand:

Code (Text):
    [11:54:45] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not pass event PlayerInteractEvent to OneWayBlocks v1.0.1
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:310) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:502) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:487) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R2.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:231) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.PlayerInteractManager.a(PlayerInteractManager.java:483) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:887) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.PacketPlayInUseItem.a(SourceFile:55) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.PacketPlayInUseItem.a(SourceFile:11) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_91]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_91]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:45) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:726) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:399) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:665) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:564) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_91]
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.inventivetalent.onewayblocks.OneWayBlocks.on(OneWayBlocks.java:187) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-4af49dc-e22506f]
        ... 17 more

#6 floory565, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  6. Just two seems weirdly specify, but I know what causes it.

7. floory565

Hey, went to put the update to the test, and woah...

So firstly, everything started to work normally - I could change as many blocks as I liked, and things seemed less laggy and more responsive as a bonus.

I converted roughly 50 block textures on one side (the inner side of a box) and after a bit the textures started to lag a lot - they'd revert to the original block texture, then go back to their altered texture, and basically the whole server started to lag out to the extent that I had to disconnect.

After disconnecting, my server went crazy and literally killed itself XD Here's the code:

http://pastebin.com/fBTB4zA7

And here's the crash report (if it's of any use):

http://pastebin.com/Q6P9Wngb

Sorry if that's a lot to chew through, obviously you have all the time in the world to take a look at it (if you want to) - there's no rush for anything :)

All the best!

8. Well, I expected that kind of problems at some point. I wrote an explanation why it uses a lot of resources here.
    I don't know how much memory is allocated to your server, but the plugin probably drained all of it :p
    I'm working on a way to (hopefully) make it not use quite as much memory, though.
    For now, you should use fewer blocks or get more memory for your server :)

9. floory565

Ah ok, good to know it was just the memory and that the plugin is working as intended. Thanks!

10. Absolutely amazing! Great idea!
    One question tho. Would it be possible to put playerhead textures on the side of s block? If so it would open up a whole new world for some :)

11. inventivetalent updated OneWayBlocks with a new update entry:

Performance improvements

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Thanks!
    You might want to check out this plugin, if you're particularly interested in player-head textures :)
    (Unfortunately, it's not possible to manipulate regular block textures like that without resource packs)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Thanks for the suggestion and thank you for the plugin, its really cool :)

14. inventivetalent updated OneWayBlocks with a new update entry:

Inverted textures

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. Hello, how can you remove the invisible armor stand?

16. Which one?
    If you break the block, all Armorstands related to it should get removed. Otherwise you'll have to find out their names manually and kill them using vanilla commands.

17. If I have a Block page in a Barrier Block transform and these then workings not disappear the armor stand