Patron

captbunzo submitted a new resource:

OpenAnalytics - Google Analytics for your Minecraft Server

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 3
  2. Would be nice if it was a bungee plugin, just to track join/leaves

3. captbunzo

Patron

I'm am very interested in adding bungee support. However, I am brand new to bungee and still getting my head around it. If you could help me understand more what you mean, that'd be great.

First question, do you mean a bungee proxy plugin? Or a bukkit plugin with bungee support?

Second question, as the current plugin tracks joins, quits and kicks, doesn't this already provided what you are asking, or am I missing something? Or you perhaps talking about adding server specific information into the tracking so that a join on different servers in a bungee can be identified separately?

One feature I've had requested elsewhere on that line would be to add server identifying data to the once a minute world hit tracking.

I'd be immensely grateful for any other details you can provide. Feel free to pop into #OpenAnalytics on esper.net and shout em out as well.

Cheers,
    Paul

• Like Like x 1
  4. captbunzo

Patron

5. A normal bungee proxy plugin, the bukkit support is good when you only manage one server but when you manage a few, you start to like having this done at the bungee proxy level. It may be a different plugin all together but, what I was thinking is having a bungee proxy plugin to manage the login's, logouts, chat, and commands. Instead of each server doing that. Have one place to drop the plugin and use it. From personal experience making a bungee proxy plugin is very, easy as md_5 tried to make it an easy transition from both systems.

6. captbunzo

Patron

I've started putting together a proxy plugin for this. At the moment I plan that to only be a small plugin that serves as a store for central details while the bukkit version would still be required on the individual servers.

I've gone this way due to the details of what's being tracked in the bukkit version and the impracticality of exporting that all up to a proxy plugin.

I'll hopefully have something ready in a week or two.

7. Mind adding some pictures?

8. This is a great idea!

9. Can't wait for BungeeCord support ;D

10. When starting the server with this plugin I get:

Code (Text):
    [09:23:00 INFO]: [OpenAnalytics] Enabling OpenAnalytics v1.0.03 successful
    [09:23:00 ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling OpenAnalytics v1.0.03 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mcstats/Metrics
            at net.nyvaria.openanalytics.component.hook.MetricsHook.run(MetricsHook.java:72) ~[?:?]
            at net.nyvaria.openanalytics.component.hook.MetricsHook.enable(MetricsHook.java:51) ~[?:?]
            at net.nyvaria.openanalytics.OpenAnalytics.onEnable(OpenAnalytics.java:69) ~[?:?]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:250) ~[minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:324) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R2.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:463) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R2.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:381) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R2.MinecraftServer.n(MinecraftServer.java:351) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R2.MinecraftServer.g(MinecraftServer.java:326) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R2.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:282) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R2.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:186) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:440) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R2.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:618) [minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.mcstats.Metrics
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:77) ~[minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:62) ~[minecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-1357]
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
            ... 14 more

11. Very nice plugin, the metric stats need to be fixed though. I think SignShop intergration is not important since most servers won't use it, the focus on players behavior is enough.

12. What is the ETA on minor BungeeCord support?

13. Hi, I'm trying to connect this with Google Analytics but what do you type in for the website ID?

My server connection IP is play.imaginecraft.net:25565 but this isn't allowed as the website address. I've also tried inputting my normal website address www.imaginecraft.net and still using the tracking-id on my server, but it isn't reporting any activity. Any ideas?

14. I was trying to install this plugin using the latest Spigot server [spigot-1.7.1-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar] and I get an error stating that it couldn't be loaded. Does this plugin work with this Spigot server?

15. captbunzo

Patron

It should. Can you include the specific error message here?

16. captbunzo

Patron

FYI. I've not dropped this, I've just had to put it on hold as I'm in the midst of planning a move of my wife and kids and self from England to Sydney, Australia (woohooo!). So things are a bit busy. That'll be the case (probably) for a few months.

Meanwhile, I'm eagerly awaiting the Spigot 1.8 release. When that comes out I'll pretty rapidly make sure OpenAnalytics runs on that (because I'll be updating my server to 1.8!).

Also, I am also quite interested in the Sponge project. Granted, it's a long way to go. However, it looks pretty cool. If it comes to fruition successfully I'll likely have a Sponge version of OpenAnalytics as well. However, as long as Spigot is maintained and updated, I am likely to keep the Bukkit/Spigot version of this updated as well.

Better Bungee support is likely to come as well someday, just not a priority (especially given the upcoming move for me and my wife and three kids).

Thanks for your patience.

17. Hi captbunzo, nice idea since I am capable in GA. Is it possible to measure different player groups? For server owners it is vital to know how many players are paying for your services and how many are not. More general question how do you meassure paying players ratio? Where do you get the data?

18. Does this require another plugin to function? I'm seeing a similar error message on the latest version:

Code (Text):
    [15:09:07] [Server thread/INFO]: [OpenAnalytics] Enabling OpenAnalytics v1.0.03
    [15:09:07] [Server thread/INFO]: [OpenAnalytics] Vault detected: 1.4.1-b436
    [15:09:07] [Server thread/INFO]: [OpenAnalytics] Enabling OpenAnalytics v1.0.03 successful
    [15:09:07] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling OpenAnalytics v1.0.03 (Is it up to date?)
        at net.nyvaria.openanalytics.component.hook.MetricsHook.run(MetricsHook.java:72) ~[?:?]
        at net.nyvaria.openanalytics.component.hook.MetricsHook.enable(MetricsHook.java:51) ~[?:?]
        at net.nyvaria.openanalytics.OpenAnalytics.onEnable(OpenAnalytics.java:69) ~[?:?]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:321) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:340) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:357) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:317) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:414) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.k(MinecraftServer.java:378) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:333) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:263) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:525) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-18fbb24]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.7.0_75]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:101) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:86) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-18fbb24]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
        ... 14 more

19. Is there a version available that does NOT require Vault? I wish to keep my plugins to minimum, and nothing else is needing Vault right now, and also seems that Vault-dependent functionalities are not part of core functionalities in this plugin. I'd do well without them. I just want to replace Minetrends, which has become quite unreliable lately. :(

20. I'm getting this error, what am I doing wrong?

[14:10:05] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling OpenAnalytics v1.0.03 (Is it up to date?)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:271) ~[spigot-1.11.jar:git-Spigot-f950f8e-4f47972]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:337) [spigot-1.11.jar:git-Spigot-f950f8e-4f47972]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405) [spigot-1.11.jar:git-Spigot-f950f8e-4f47972]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_11_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:375) [spigot-1.11.jar:git-Spigot-f950f8e-4f47972]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_11_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:325) [spigot-1.11.jar:git-Spigot-f950f8e-4f47972]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:419) [spigot-1.11.jar:git-Spigot-f950f8e-4f47972]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.l(MinecraftServer.java:380) [spigot-1.11.jar:git-Spigot-f950f8e-4f47972]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:335) [spigot-1.11.jar:git-Spigot-f950f8e-4f47972]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:272) [spigot-1.11.jar:git-Spigot-f950f8e-4f47972]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:542) [spigot-1.11.jar:git-Spigot-f950f8e-4f47972]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_101]
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_101]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:101) ~[spigot-1.11.jar:git-Spigot-f950f8e-4f47972]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:86) ~[spigot-1.11.jar:git-Spigot-f950f8e-4f47972]
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_101]
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_101]
    ... 14 more