Spigot OpenIron 0.3.1

Take that useless redstone stuff to somewhere else: all we need is right clicking!

1. Vert3x submitted a new resource:

OpenIron - Take that useless redstone stuff to somewhere else: all we need is right clicking!

Read more about this resource...

2. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

or not so much...

Spigot 1.11.2
    OpenIron 0.1

Code (Text):
    [11:36:44 WARN]: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.RegistryMaterials.get(net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftKey)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1786)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at bukkit.openiron.vert3x.OpenIronUtils.getMaterial(OpenIronUtils.java:47)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at bukkit.openiron.vert3x.settings.Setting.getItemType(Setting.java:84)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at bukkit.openiron.vert3x.settings.Setting.getItem(Setting.java:236)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at bukkit.openiron.vert3x.Handler.onPlayerInteract(Handler.java:41)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:502)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:487)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_11_R1.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:234)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PlayerInteractManager.a(PlayerInteractManager.java:448)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:913)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PacketPlayInUseItem.a(PacketPlayInUseItem.java:37)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PacketPlayInUseItem.a(PacketPlayInUseItem.java:1)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:46)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:747)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:399)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:678)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:576)
    [11:36:44 WARN]:        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

#2 SlimeDog, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
  3. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Code (Text):
    Permissions: true
    Please document the relevant permission node(s).

4. You're right. I forgot that I was still working around a compatibility improving and that I was wronging something. That's normal it happens on the join. Gotta fix it right now.
    There are none, you may define them in the Settings.yml file. The default set ones are openiron.open.door to open an iron door and openiron.open.trapdoor to open an iron trapdoor.

5. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

I don't see a download for today.

6. You shall just download it again to get the newest version. I don't really get your message to be honest.

7. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/openiron.40407/history is tagged "Yesterday at 11:16 AM" so I don't see today's update.

Current 0.1 download is the same (per MD5) as the one downloaded yesterday.

Finally, there should NEVER be two version 0.1. The new one should be 0.2 or something greater than 0.1. Standard versioning is MAJOR.MINOR.BUGFIX. So 1.0.x.

#8 SlimeDog, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  8. As that wasn't an actual update but just a fix without which the plugin should have not even be uploaded, I didn't insert any version. Are you sure nothing changed? You just have to download it normally from the page and it will work. Perhaps it's tagged yesterday but the version's download too is actually updated. It is downloading the recent fixed file for me.

9. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Downloaded from Download yesterday:
    $ wc -c plugins/OpenIron.jar
    29313 plugins/OpenIron.jar
    $ md5 plugins/OpenIron.jar
    MD5(plugins/OpenIron.jar)= 93e1fda905b042e41f87ea46328995fd

Downloaded from Download today:
    $ wc -c OpenIron.jar
    29313 OpenIron.jar
    $ md5 OpenIron.jar
    MD5(OpenIron.jar)= 93e1fda905b042e41f87ea46328995fd

Note that the file sizes, and much more important, the MD5 signatures, are identical. Perhaps you haven't uploaded the replacement file to Spigot downloads yet?

And "just a fix" means that is should have a different version string, so that the two can be distinguished. Different builds should NEVER have the same version string. The whole point of versioning is that different builds can be identified.

#10 SlimeDog, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  10. That sounds pretty strange to me. It's late here and I can't stay so long still awake. When I downloaded it to try if it was changed successfully it was working fine. Maybe you just tried before I did even reupload it? Retry now from here https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/openiron.40407/update?update=160315

11. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Nothing has changed. :(
    I cleared cache, opened a different browser, still no joy.

Is this working for anyone else?

Please re-build as 0.2 and post it, so we can tell the difference. Thanks.

Or can you provide a link to the Github output? PM, if you don't want it public? Or a dropbox download? Or something?

Really, I don't understand why you are so resistant to following a standard building/release protocol.

#12 SlimeDog, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
  12. That was simply because the really first release should not have been released at all. I directly uploaded the new download to the spigot page and it worked fine. There was also a good rating, and this means the rater was able to use this clearly. There's no problem though on posting the new version as 0.2. EDIT: I just posted it. I changed only spigot's version string to 0.2; the plugin's one is still 0.1 and I will turn it to 0.3 directly when I will actually update something unless the update is greater than what I'm expecting it will be like.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Thanks. New 0.2 tests shows different from 0.1, as expected (per MD5). I'll install and test soon.

UPDATE:
    OpenIron 0.2
    Spigot 1.11.2

Well done! Everything works as expected.

Request: I would like to disable "cannot open" messages. The reason: Players cannot usually open iron doors/trapdoors, so they don't expect a message. Two possibilities that may sense to me; you make have others:
    • If
      Code (Text):
      iron-door:
        permission:
      display no message.
    • Add
    Code (Text):
    iron-door:
      permission:
        message-type: none
    or
    Code (Text):
    iron-door:
      permission:
        message-type: disable
    in which case, display no message.
    Same for iron-trapdoor, of course.​

#15 SlimeDog, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
  14. Glad you like it! Meanwhile I'm making the actual update. I suggest you downloading it even though its features don't interest you because it's stability is getting improved too. I already had some big steps around it, but I think I will wait for some more stuff to actually post an update.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

When you post a new version (say, 0.2), remember to update the internal version string as well (currently, 0.1).

16. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

OpenIron 0.2
    Spigot 1.11.2 latest

When I right-click with an inventory item that is tied to (say) ItemJoin/DeluxeMenus, with an iron door in focus, the door is toggled (opened if closed, closed if open). In this situation, the door toggle should be cancelled.

17. This should already be working by both definitely removing message key and leaving the string empty. Perhaps I wrong something around it, but instead of fixing it, I will directly use your idea of "none" value for message-type option. That sounds really good and clear to me; this will be enough and leaving the message empty or deleting the key at all won't be used as it would be useless if you really think of it, I'm avoiding that possibility just for clearness, because it would be actually really easy itself.
    The current version is actually 0.2 because of that download glitch you were dealing with. Sure, I already changed the plugin's internal version to 0.3, the version which will be released here. I left it to 0.1 when here I posted 0.2 on purpose as nothing was really changed and the really first version should have not even existed.
    Ok, I got it! I will check if the event isn't being cancelled (so, for sure, any other plugin is using it). To determine the iron door toggling's priority I will directly copy it from wooden doors (I guess trapdoors will be analogue too, but if they aren't I will just copy the priority of the wooden counterpart for each device).
    Thank you for the little but useful idea and for the report which will be determinant for the plugin's compatibility with others.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Spigot 1.12 pre-test

It's excellent that OpenIron handles an unknown Spigot version appropriately:
    Code (Text):
    [07:41:22] [Server thread/WARN]: [OpenIron] This server isn't running on the only so far tested version (1.11.2). Try using this plugin here at your own risk.
    Please test with Spigot 1.12-pre2. It could be that OpenIron works fine on 1.12, but the differently-formed version string is not parsed correctly. Many plugins seem to not like the "-pre2" bits.