Opinion on my upcoming pc| Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Escape, May 1, 2017.

1. What's your use case? Gaming? Which games? That PC is overkill for most use cases I could think of for a typical person.

2. Just off a quick look, it's very unlikely you need that CPU. Go for an i5-6600k. Your motherboard will have a network adapter, you don't need a separate one. You probably don't need 32GB of memory, just 16GB. You may not need an extra 2TB of storage, I would add extra storage later. You almost certainly do not need 2x 1080 Tis. You could probably settle with 1x 1070. You also probably don't need a separate sound card for many use cases. Are you sure you need a Wi-Fi adapter? You may not need a 144Hz monitor.

Be clear on your use case. If it's gaming, most of that is overkill. If it's regular and mass rendering/recording, then you still probably don't need a lot of that spec. I think you just threw on the best of the best and ticked on something for every category on PCPP and made a PC that will have no difference to something that is $3000 cheaper with a lower spec.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Strahan

Benefactor

I have to assume you aren't serious, but just in case.. you spec over two grand in video gear but want to use a shitty Samsung 850 EVO? Home edition of Windows?

4. Yeah, This seems a little fake. The presence of a sound card almost gives this away, not to mention what @Strahan said.

5. #6 Escape, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  6. Strahan

Benefactor

I repeat my prior comment; if you are fantasizing about spending four grand, why choose a shitty SSD? Go with a 2TB 960 Pro M.2.

7. Gaxan

Supporter

I have two 950 Pros and they are over kill unless I'm copying from one to the other. They do load games faster than a standard sata ssd.

8. 4k??? Are you serious?
    You could just purchase a PC which costs around 1000$ and you would be good to go, there's no need for you to spend 4k on a PC

9. Gaxan

Supporter

He might want t
    To play something besides minecraft would be my guess. A $1000 pc wouldn't run half the games I have at an enjoyable setting.

10. Strahan

Benefactor

Considering he's spec'ing a system over four grand, I don't think overkill is an issue lol.

11. I run GTA V, CSGO, Prey at around 200-300 fps

12. Gaxan

Supporter

Those aren't what I would call gfx demanding games. Those games are over 4 years old.

13. Splazeing

Supporter

Take a samsung 960 evo, much faster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wow, that's an incredible pc setup.

15. If you got that, just wow.