Opinions on my pc build?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by uberstudioshd, Sep 6, 2016.

1. I am building a computer for around $1000. I already have storage (3 TB of HDD),but need the other components. My current build is here: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zzgRvV
    CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler Corsair H60 74.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
    Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    Ram G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
    GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING Video Card
    Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply​

2. It depends on what you plan on using it for... If it's games you're after, this is a nice build (cpu could be i5-6600(k) as you only get hyperthreading with the i7)

3. Get a better case mate, your parts don't match with the case. Get a quality case with a window and with some gaming accents, you could also get a led strip, these are really cheap nowadays.

4. All cases have the window on the left, which is against my wall...

5. Cases with windows, led strips or other gaming accents are useless... Unless you look at your machine constantly, it's a waste of money. Just get a case that has good cooling capabilities and of course is big enough for everything.

6. That case will currently fit everything I want, I want an i7 because I do youtube and stream on twitch and that will help.

7. Agreed, "gaming" cases are usually ugly and looks like an Alien trash can or something...

8. I would have my motherboard on a box in the corner with no case if I could.

Now that I think about it, I could do that... (the 6700k runs so cool even with no cooler)

9. I want a good cpu cooler so I can easily overclock.

10. The one you have should be fine... I use a h100i and have overclocked it to 4.3ghz with idle around 27c

11. Ok Thanks for the information

13. Thanks again haha. Do you know of a good white & black case? Mid+ tower
    The 1060 is pretty small, only 1 fan.