Opinions on my random spawning plugin

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by 89apt89, Feb 19, 2020.

?

Addon or bundled

1. Addon

11.1%
  2. Bundled

88.9%
  1. Over the past 6 months ish, I've been working on a random spawning plugin (here). I've been refining the code and I think I've made a pretty solid product.

Originally, my plugin was both a /wild and random spawning plugin, but the /wild component has since been taken out so I could focus on the random spawning part. I'd like to reintroduce the /wild command now that I believe the plugin is in a good state again. My question is, do you think I should make it an addon, or just make it a main feature of the plugin?

If it were an addon, users could choose to just not install it.

If it came bundled, users could choose to disable the random spawning features in the config if they were just after /wild, and vice-versa. What do you guys think?

2. I vote for bundled.
    In my opinion I freaking hate these plugins that have "addons"
    Look at Essentials(x) for example.
    It has a built in economy, warp/home system, shops, etc, but then has a separate SPAWN plugin/addon?!?! WTF?!?!
    The way essentials is laid out is beyond stupid. If anything the ECO should be a separate plugin/addon rather than SPAWN being separate with what... 3 commands? Just join the silly plugins together and have them toggle able in the config.
    I have have 2 to 3+ plugins that are all essentially one big plugin.

In the case of your plugin (mind me I didn't click the link) but I'm confused what the difference is between wild and randomTP, that said, I don't think it makes any sense to have it separate as a modular plugin for such a small feature.
    Imagine if EssentialsX broke apart every aspect of its plugin, ex: an addon for homes, one for eco, one for TP, one for warps, one for shop, one for spawn, one for chat, one for (insert other feature here), how insanely silly would that be.

As a server owner, I prefer to have the least amount of plugins possible. I don't want to have to spend hours a day/week trying to track down where the heck I got each plugin from to update them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1