Opinions on my revamped lobby/hub

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by jtaylor69, Sep 8, 2013.

1. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

[​IMG]
    Daytime View

[​IMG]
    Night View

[​IMG]
    The other half and I!

I'm not brilliant with taking screenshots, but they'll do!

What's your thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I like it, its not overcrowded with signs, and has great builds. Good job!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Looks better from the air though haha.
    Yeah, i like how it looks too.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. If I was a player on that server, I would definitely stay, it seems so uncrowded and spacious giving room to players, which is a nice thing.

Also, please PM me the IP.

It would be nice if you gave the players a double-jump feature to quickly go to the portal they wanted to go to, although I don't know if you already have this implemented, since I don't know the IP and I haven't joined it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. jtaylor69

Retired

Boost pads :)
    Players walk onto pressure plates that fling them across the path to the portal lobbies, optional of course.

6. I like it. Plenty of room for players, easy to navigate, and very nice pixel art. The teraforming also makes it enclosed, but still leaves plenty of space.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. jtaylor69

Retired

Thanks guys :) some great feedback. My friend and I had spent 2 days going from a simple flat land to creating the final result. A few tweaks have been made following player feedback, but overall they have loved it! Some did manage to climb the landscape even after testing, but that's all solved now!

8. Wazez

Patron

give us the ip you buttcrack.
    it looks hawt

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. jtaylor69

Retired

I'm not the one for publicly advertising, but I'll send you the IP via PM :)

10. Looks pretty sweet, Great job :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Wazez

Patron

lol who cares if you advertise your ip here.
    we're all server owners..

just look at that signature above.

12. I love it. It's not too big, it's not too small. I hate how often servers make uber large buildings for their spawn, because some people like myself have to play on tiny render distance.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. jtaylor69

Retired

Yeah made it at a comfortable size, but there is also room for expansion too since the "portal lobbies" have more than enough room for extra portals.

14. I'd also like to note, I love how you didn't go overboard with this. You didn't use massive amounts of gold/diamond blocks like I've seen countless times. You used materials that make it honestly seem as if it could have been built in Survival rather than Creative.

15. jtaylor69

Retired

Kept to a basic theme of quartz and clay working in harmony together.

Basically each set of servers has a specific stained clay colour, this allows the player to become comfortable and identify the server from a colour. Obviously they can read the server names above, however for those on a tiny render such as yourself will benefit from this. The centre spawn point also has the same colours as the portal lobbies printed on the ground and in a line facing the server lobbies. This allows easy navigation and ensures that you can find your favourite server with no hassle.
    Things are kept simple as possible to ensure that the player feels comfortable.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Meh, not too impressed, I don't like the building style too much. I recommend changing a few things such as the roads, the grass, the portals. Not the best.

17. Mikgreg

Supporter

IP? I would like to see this with my shaders on :p

18. jtaylor69

Retired

[Redacted]

Thanks for the feedback, however the design is staying as it is. It's been a hit with our players and have not had any bad feedback until now :p

#18 jtaylor69, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  19. Mikgreg

Supporter

Says I'm already registered?! o_O

20. ;)