Our DMCA Response

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sad, sad... This day has fallen apart. Long live spigot, hopefully to be saved!!!

2. Another obstacle for us to overcome, but surely spigot can and will overcome this soon enough.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  3. explainlikeimfive? c:

4. kill_da_trolls

Supporter

Unfortunately there's no Reddit equivalent for this post..

• Like Like x 2
  5. so is Mojang fighting this? where is the official news from Mojang about their view and progress?

6. md_5

Administrator Developer

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. jeff142

Benefactor

"Might be on this".... TPB might have those jars

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeff142

Benefactor

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. R.I.P. Bukkit, And Spigot

10. I thought open source was supposed to be a software development utopia. Yet a single person can shut down development of software used by millions of people?

11. md_5

Administrator Developer

Yup. That's United States Copyright law for you.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. TheSteveRizzo

TheSteveRizzo Previously Fight_Or_Die

This entire situation is terrible. Not only do I hope that this DMCA gets overturned, but I hope Wolverness has to pay for a false DMCA claim (of course if it is proven against).

TargetLaw:

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. I wanted to personally thank you for everything you've done, and how far you've gotten, to help out the Minecraft Community. I personally will never forget you, and wish for you to always keep developing. I know Spigot can get through this, and we can all get this sorted out sooner or later. The Spigot and [Craft]Bukkit community put together, cannot be defeated. Even my cat agrees. Best wishes.

I completely agree with you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. [​IMG]
    We all volunteer as tributes!!
    Good luck everyone <3

15. The thing is, many spigot uses donated to to the cause of the legal team to keep spigot up, to keep the downloads up and then you lot have just fallen in like bukkit. I don't think Mr.Wolvs wants money, he has damaged the Minecraft community. No Spigot downloads, no bukkit downloads. I wouldn't be surprised if some uses wanted there money back because they donated to fight the DMCA, not see spigot fall like it just has

16. md_5

Administrator Developer

We have made the best effort we can in order to keep downloads up for as long as possible and to provide hashes of all existing builds. It has been decided that keeping up the builds any longer could lead to more costly complications and make it harder to win this at all. The money has been used to seek appropriate legal advice and will continue to be used in this way.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Spigot have taken the downloads down to reduce the potential shit storm they would be in if they dont. This isnt about giving users downloads in the short term, this is about protecting spigot for the long haul. Something we all need to remember and value far more than some downloads right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Well, the money is still set aside to legal issues, and who knows? They may still arise.

Anyone who truly cares about Spigot would not be upset.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.