OUTDATED, CHECK LINK FOR UPDATED THREAD, WRONG FORUM; PLEASE DELETE

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Ber2erka, May 10, 2015.

1. GO HERE FOR UPDATED THREAD

BE WARNED THIS IS GOING TO BE A LENGTHY THREAD! I'M JUST AN HONEST GUY LOOKING FOR ADVICE SO PLEASE NO SPAM AND ETC!
    THANKS! ;):D

About My Server

Basically I am running a simple Survival/Minigame server with Spigot 1.8.x for my friends and I. In the future I may want to make my server more public, but I'm 15 and have school and stuff so I don't know. Anyways the idea is for my server to be mainly an improved survival server with improvements (economy, shop, quests, custom enchants, and the like) along with some simple minigames so that there are various things to play.

Functionality
    The way I imagine my server working is that there are 4 levels (or ranks you know what I mean). Member the most basic, VIP most likely for my friends, Admins for people I trust, and myself as the Owner. I currently have a Main Hub that uses Multiverse and Portals to connect to other hubs for Survival, Minigames, and the Shop. In the survival game hub there will be 2 servers for members and one VIP server for my friends and i to play. The same idea goes for the Minigames. There will be 2 minigames each with 2-3 servers and one VIP server for both minigames. The Shop will be a place for people to buy personal accessories, materials for survival, custom enchants (maybe), and etc. Chances are the VIPs will have some special items for themselves as well as the Admins.

My Issues (this is gonna be long :()
    First issue, plugins, I know this is pretty broad, but I'll organize this into sections

Current Plugins:
    Multiverse (Portals & Core), InventoryFull (cause I thought it was neat), ActionAnnouncer (for InvFull), AutoRestart (I don't know why tbh), and TitleMOTDAdvanced (to make my server look legit lol)

Issues with those plugins:
    Most of them work fine it's just that I've been having some issues with Multiverse. Basically I have 3 hubs currently (and a shop to come when I find a nice one to download or one of you lovely people can make one for me) and they connect with each other through portals. Now I did the WHOLE setup right from what I can tell (not a plugin code guy lol) and it'll tp me to the nether, out side the hut the portal is in, and even in a loop! So I kind of need some help with that if anyone can offer it...

Picking Plugins:
    I've been scrolling and scrolling through dozens of plugins, but I have difficulty choosing some because of how many plugins there are for the same function and whether you have to pay for it or not (I'm 15 remember? lol). Not only that, but it's hard to find plugins that use the right version (eg I'm using MV Core 1.7.9 and Portals 1.7.2 for a 1.8.x Spigot server). And finally being the n00b I am with little plugin experience I don't know which ones are popular, working, trash, not worth it and etc. So I want to hear from you guys what plugins you think I should use for the following functions:
    -Having a main hub that leads to other hubs that lead to each other in a web and survival worlds and minigame worlds
    -Having a good economy with easy customization and easy purchasing/selling etc.
    -Having good things to add to survival (quests, custom enchants, and dungeons that are as easily customizable and easy to use)
    -Having A VERY GOOD permissions plugin similar to PEX with the ability to make custom ranks, chat tags, and varying permissions for each rank
    -Having good and simple plugins to make nice titles, MOTDs, tabs, and the like

Second issue, port forwading, although I don't want my server to be open quite yet, I want to be able to port forward SUCCESSFULLY whenever I want my server to go. Seeing how this requires a lot of personal info PM if you are interested in helping me out (I have a new account though so I need to make 5 posts :confused:)

Lastly, staff, if there is anyone out there willing to be a part of my staff for funsies (if you want payment that won't work for me (15 remember?) but thanks for the consideration). If any of you know a good place to find free, friendly, staff and ect. please leace a reply

Other than that there's not much else I have to say. I guess the last few things I can ask are what do you think my server should be like? Should it function differently? What plugins should or can I use to make my server as close to my imagination as possible? Basically, what do you want/think?

IF YOU TOOK THE TIME TO READ ALL OF THIS AND WRITE SOME SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS THANK YOU VERY MUCH! IT MEANS A LOT TO SEE PEOPLE RESPOND! I WILL BE RESPONDING TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE!

Thanks again,
    Ber2erka

#1 Ber2erka, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1