[OVH] Making ports forward to a DNS/Subdomain

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by TanveerGT5, May 24, 2013.

1. so I have a skyblock server set up at "mc.server.com:25555"
    how can I in OVH make my subdomain "sky.server.com" cover "mc.server.com:25555"

2. Setup SRV records and your users will be able to use just sky.server.com

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

3. thanks can you explain how?

4. vemacs

Artist

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Sorry for double post^
    I want to make sky.minesmp.com forward to mc.minesmp.com:25555

6. vemacs

Artist

Open your DNS hosting (e.g. GoDaddy, NameCheap), and use their panel.

7. Hi,
    My domain is currently registered with GoDaddy, but my web host is "hosting.co.uk" who do not have the SRV records option in there cpanel. This is why I've been stuck at this for 2 months.
    because OVH gives me absolutly no support what so ever, and hosting.co.uk has no such feature. I really need you to help me out.

8. Mikgreg

Supporter

It isn't up to OVH to help you with this, they aren't domain registrars. If your domain registrar doesn't offer you SRV records then you can't do this. Transfer your domain to another registrar such as NameCheap to be able to set up SRV records.

• Agree Agree x 1

9. But my domain is currently with GoDaddy but as my domain points to Hosting.co.uk thats when I lose the power to edit SRV records via godaddy, and it has to be done from the webhost it self, by transfering my domain elsewhere to NameCheap, will I not once again have the same problem?

10. Nick

IRC Staff

cPanel can't create/edit SRV records (yet), but WHM can. Call/email your web hosting company and ask them to create the SRV record for you. If they tell you they can't do it, they're full of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

Im confused as why you can't just create SRV records with godaddy. What is stopping you from doing that?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Nick

IRC Staff

Godaddy is the registrar for his domain, but he's not using their name servers for it. Therefore, they control nothing more than the info in whois and the renewals for the domain.

• Like Like x 1