OVH now offers an amazing CPU for minecraft?!

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by ToonBasic, Jun 8, 2015.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Oh my... R.I.P. all other server hosts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. A 127(0|1)v3 would be nice

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. True but be glad ovh is actually offering something good for minecraft :)

4. What is up with these forums and OVH...

5. It's a budget host, most people here can't afford quality providers

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

They got it a couple years late. You can get the same server with SSDs (which they don't offer as an option) for basically the same price (since OVH has a setup fee of $129.00 USD (or $+28.00/m = $124.00/m)) with almost any unmanaged host if you work the price down.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh... I thought this was an amazing add on guess not

8. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

The E3 V4 CPUs just got released and the E3 V5s will be out in the new few months. With the setup fee, I can't say it's an amazing deal. It's a great deal if you can hold out 9+ months.

9. Wow. It's really affordable.:)

10. joehot200

Supporter

Then why do they want the biggest and the best?

I have a server with ReliableSite right now which isn't too high-end, and could possibly take 200 people on a single server. More to the point, it's cheaper than my OVH server.

And if I had 200 people, I would surely have the money to buy a server that was not from a budget host.

#12 joehot200, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. That's correct. For startups who are on a tight budget, they may not be able to afford a E3 1270v3 at Reliablesite, or a higher quality provider right away. Therefore OVH provides adequate hardware at an affordable price for those startups. As they grow they can upgrade to higher end providers as needed.