OVH PRICE DROP!

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by DenyCC, Aug 29, 2015.

1. I know most of you hate OVH but for those smaller server owners who know what they're doing, their servers have went down in price and now setup fees are gone. The only bad thing is that you have to wait 10 days setup time (which is bad) but for the prices, I'd say it's good.

I've personally snatched myself a 4790k system for around £60 a month compared to my previous plan of £91 a month!

http://www.ovh.co.uk

pls no hate reliablesite fanboyzz

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I'm Western_Digital and I am a OVH fanboy.

Recommend OVH above any host, you get what you pay for with OVH. Check out their sister companies, Kimsufi and SoYouStart for cheaper alternatives.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OVH is terrible.

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. I would use it if OVH it self had a better network lol.

5. I'll defend OVH to the end.

I've got my no setup fees light saber out with a unlimited bandwith handle attached with a selection of storage devices.

6. SVIS_Josh

Supporter

Everyone has their hosting preference. @Western_Digital, I myself find OVH to have lackluster support and hardware issues. However, there are many OVH success stories; I am not sure of their validity. Why will you exactly "Defend OVH until the end."? Do you think you will find a hosting company that happens to be better than theirs, or does your love for OVH sincerely lay with their pricing model?

7. Setup fees are gone? This is amazing news.
    Another big win for OVH. I can't help but feel like they'll bring back setup fees at some point, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

OVH never had setup fees previously. They added them after they had major issues with churn. Remember when they stopped selling servers for a few months?

9. I do believe I've seen them put setup fees on/off two or three times.

10. SVIS_Josh

Supporter

They did, on select items.