OVH Suspend

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by ToxicProfessor, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Hello,
    I was wondering if it was possible to suspend your OVH server and it:
    • Keeps all the files on the dedi.
    • You don't have to pay the bill until you resume it.

Was wondering if this is possible? If so how?

2. This would require the machine being unused until you resume it, meaning 100% profit loss on OVH's end.

OVH allows you to leave your machine suspended for five days before they wipe all data and sell it to someone else.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Ah, I see. Makes sense.

4. joehot200

Supporter

I wouldn't risk it. If something goes wrong or something unexpected happens, it will be almost impossible for you to get your data back.

5. You best choice (depending on what you have on your server) would be to back it up somewhere else (like a cheap VPS or something) and then restore it when it's needed.

Again it depends what you're using your server for.

6. Looks like everything is getting suspended, First Your PayPal now your Server?

7. I'd recommend Amazon S3. You pay per gigabyte stored per month (it's only a few cents per gigabyte). So you could back everything up to there and restore it later. Or you could always download it and store it locally if you have the space, but residential internet is usually slower for most people.

8. Google cloud storage is better. It's $1/100GB/month and Amazon charges for bandwidth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1