OVH VPS: Setup time?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by dwilson5817, May 10, 2015.

1. Hey guys,

I bought a VPS from OVH last night and went to bed.

Received this email shortly after it was bought (around an hour or so):

"
    OVH.co.uk
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    Tel: 020 7357 6616

Dear Sir / Madam,

Welcome to OVH!

We confirm the receipt of your payment corresponding to
    order number 38549160

The order is now in progress. It will be completed shortly subject to availability.

We would like to thank you for choosing OVH.

Kind regards,

OVH Ltd
    3 Southwark street
    London
    SE1 1RQ
    Tel: 020 7357 6616
    Fax: 0330 684 0028
    Registered company 5519821
    E-mail: [email protected]

OVH Customer Support
    Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm

Join the OVH Community at forum.ovh.co.uk

Check our service status at http://status.ovh.co.uk/
    "

I just wanted to know how long OVH usually takes to setup VPSs, I appreciate this is a weekend so I might not get it until tomorrow, that's okay.

Also, will I still have to verify my account as this is my first order? Or is this email sent after my account it approved? I don't mind sending them the details just would be better if I didn't lol.

Thanks in advance!

2. Mine took less time to set up than to write this post (It was a sys dedi)

3. Thanks for the response :) Did you have to verify your account by sending a passport and utility bill?

4. You don't always have to verify your account. If you paid with PayPal then that might be the cause of the delay as they check each payment manually to prevent fraud, and only then their services are deployed.

5. Alright thanks. I'm guessing I should have this soon then? Do they setup VPSs on weekends?

6. They normally do, yes. I'd give them until tomorrow, if you don't get another email you may want to contact them to see what's going on. I'm sure they'll have a logical reason for the delay.

7. For me with the Kimsufi Brand it took around 4hours and it wasn't convinient timing for their timezone. Overall good though.

8. Alright, seems a good idea. Do they accept bank statements as a form of verification?

Yeah, I like OVH as a company from what I have heard they offer good services at very in expansive prices. I don't mind waiting.

9. My OVH VPS took maybe 24 hours :(

10. 2 hours on a max no verifieng

11. My OVH took 2 days, I had to send them proof like passport etc.,
    After doing this they set it up fast and everything is running smoothly

12. Alright. Does a bank statement count as a utility bill?

13. If you're hoping to host any minecraft servers on it you're gonna be disappointed, their VPS are really slow, 16TPS on an average server.

14. Yes

Agreed, my server was choking with about 5 plugins but they could be to do with multicraft
    will check just when I'm home

15. OVH set them up usually on weekdays. After you've sent them the documents.

16. Do you have to for soyoustart?

17. I have heard that. I'm not actually looking to host a Minecraft server, I'll be using it to practice using Linux commands and practice running a VPS in case I buy I dedi later.

Yeah, 9am-6pm I think is the times they open. Its 8:38am here in the UK right now so I'll be expecting a request for the documents in a few hours time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Heh heh, as expect just received my NIC handle. Looks like I didn't need verification.

19. Yup, the VPS was just installed, without verification. Thanks all for your help!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hey I'm planning on getting a OVH server today what are the requirements? (I know this is a very old post)