OVH with ProxyPipe

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by gpugeek, May 11, 2016.

1. Not to be rude, but if you haven't done a setup like this before, please do NOT comment. I'd like only past experiences.

Hey guys,
    With my network complying with the EULA soon, I'd like to save some costs. How has OVH with VAC disabled and proxypipe as a frontend worked out for you all? I'd like to not have players randomly dropping and such.

2. ?

I would recommend you stay away from them. No proper website and very pricey for what you get.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I've worked with a handful of setups like these.

They work alright in my experience. Your reliability is still OVH's usual with some rare blips from ProxyPipe, though it's been a while since I've seen issues with ProxyPipe.

#3 frash23, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. I'm saying with OVH's VAC mitigation off and proxypipe as a frontend.

5. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

You can't just "turn off" VAC if it detects an attack.

6. JamesJ

Supporter

ProxyPipe? Lmao.

7. Yes?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. I mean with forced mitigation off, sorry about the confusion.

9. JamesJ

Supporter

ProxyPipe are as good as you get...
    They are in no way pricey for what you get. They are top quality.

Just because they don't have a "proper" website, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them.. Just look at the top servers on .org/MCSL I bet at least 50% of them are on ProxyPipe.
    http://bgp.he.net/AS27458 < they have 3k IP addresses, peer with Telia and Tinet. Would a dodgy company do that?

ProxyPipe are one of the only minecraft-related DDoS mitigation "companies", that is actually a company.
    Just google "ProxyPipe, Inc" and see how much comes up. For christ's sake, Mineplex even used them at one point apparently (thread)

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. ProxyPipe is solid as fuck. All other providers seem to drop every few days or so, whereas with ProxyPipe, it rarely ever has issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. GeorgeHousley123

Supporter

I've done this before, and it worked fine. You need to turn off OVH's perm DDoS protection for it to work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1