Particle Help

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by MaxNatural, May 28, 2016.

1. So when the player stands still I want to still spawn the particles. But every time they move it creates more and more particles. Is there a way to make it so when they move they spawn a certain amount and when they stop moving it still displays the other amount and not add more particles?
    Thank you!

Code (Text):

@EventHandler
    public void onPlayerMove5(final PlayerMoveEvent e) {
        if (ParticleAPI.volcanoash.contains(e.getPlayer().getUniqueId())) {

new BukkitRunnable() {
                @Override
                public void run() {
                    if (ParticleAPI.volcanoash.contains(e.getPlayer().getUniqueId())) {
                        ParticleEffect.EXPLOSION_NORMAL.display(10, 15, 20, 0, 0, e.getPlayer().getLocation().add(0,2.5,0), 10);
                        //ParticleEffect.EXPLOSION_NORMAL.display(10, 15, 20, 0, 0, e.getPlayer().getLocation().add(0.3,3,0.3), 70);
                        //ParticleEffect.EXPLOSION_NORMAL.display(10, 15, 20, 0, 0, e.getPlayer().getLocation().add(0.3,3,0.3), 70);
                        ParticleEffect.LAVA.display(10, 40, 1000, 0, 0, e.getPlayer().getLocation().add(0,2.6,0), 5);
                    } else if(!(ParticleAPI.volcanoash.contains(e.getPlayer().getUniqueId()))) {
                        e.setCancelled(true);

}
                }
            }.runTaskTimer(Hub.plugin, 0, 20);

}
    }
    }

2. I myself don't know much about this problem, but I recommend posting this on the Spigot Development Help forum, because you'll get much faster and more detailed responses there. Try making a post there or getting your thread moved.

3. just make a runnable that displays the particles, dont call it on player move call it when he gets into volcanoash