PebbleHost or Shockbyte?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Cloud5678, Feb 20, 2020.

1. I'm considering once again opening a Minecraft server, and I'm wondering out these two which one would be a bit better. My range is somewhere near 10-15 bucks a month.

I've done a bit of research on both, but I cant make up my mind about which one to use.

PebbleHost is by far the cheapest but I've heard some people have had problems with their servers and that Multicraft was a bit broken.

I've used Shockbyte in the past and they seemed all right with the server running fairly well and multicraft working fine, but their support was a bit weird at times and unlike Pebble I've got to pay for a dedicated IP even if I pay for a more expensive.

Example in case you may not understand If i pay about $10+ on pebble, I get the dedicated ip for cheaper or even free, while Shockbyte on the other hand charges me an extra 5 bucks even if I choose something like their obsidian plan.

Thoughts?

2. I also forgot to mention that I do plan for it to be a modpack survival server. Having more than possibly 15 mods.

3. I don't think you can go wrong with either so long as you avoid their budget options. Personally have had a better experience with Sparked Hosting than Pebble overall though. I specify budget option as Pebble's lagged with tiny world edits (Which they claim was a unique situation that never was resolved till upgrading) while Sparked's tends to be a few ticks behind occasionally. As far as midrange, both hold up just fine.
    I've used both companies' budget and midrange servers.

• Like Like x 1