per world chat with per world prefix

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by GodschildGaming, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I've been searching for the past hour how to do this and have came up empty handed. Want I want to know if how do I make it so my spigot server has different chats per world and make it so each world has a custom prefix so when some one is in the creative world have the chat say &f[&aCreative&f] {displayname} >> {message} and then in Prison show &f[&6Prison&f] {prison rank prefix} {displayname} >> {message}. I'm using essientals chat for chat management but using pex for permission management and using Prison 3 for prison ranks on Minecraft version 1.12.2

2. You could use the Hydra plugin by @TechsCode for this. It's what I do.

With Hydra you can run a comparison requirement on a player which checks the world they're in, the permissions they have, their gamemode, etc... (lots of options there), and then you can simultaneously run a command which changes their Essential prefix, suffix, or displayed placeholders however you want.

Example: I have a /build command which lets my players go to a creative build world (which I set up using Hydra). When they click on a button in the Build GUI, it first checks which world they're in and what permissions they have, then it teleports them to the creative world, sets them to Creative mode, and runs /upc setPlayerPrefix <playername> <newPrefix> (I use Ultra Permissions for permissions/prefix management, but you could do the same thing with pex and Essentials). When they use the commands to TP back to the Survival world, it does the same thing but reverses the changes made with /build.

3. that would work, but for the beginning of my server I'm trying to stick with free plugins but thanks for your reply if I end up with no other option I'll save some money and buy that plugin

• Like Like x 1
  4. I found a way easier fix and thats to move to bungeecord and probably would make a more stable minecraft server and in the long run help me out so plugins don't conflict with each other so this thread is now closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.