PermissionsEx 1.15 confusions

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by chippyplays, Mar 25, 2020.

1. I dragged this PermissionsEx plugin (1.15) into the plugins folder of my server, but the batch file that starts up the server does not even acknowledge the plugin. I tried typing the basic commands like /pex user <yourname> add* but it just said "unknown command" both on the control panel and in the Minecraft game. The control panel also gives me a message saying "Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it." That message makes me wonder if I have PermissionsEx but I need to start putting data into permissions.yml to actually start working on perms?

2. First thing to do is look in the console when you launch the server. You will likely find it has failed to enable the plugin due to a specified reason.

if you don’t understand this reason post it here also.

3. The message that you recieve "Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it."
    Is not from PermissionsEx, it is from the Minecraft.Server.Permissions and can be safely ignored.

If you have not configured PermissionsEx and you do not have the 'op' status, then any command will not be processed by PermissionsEx and the server will tell you that the command permission is not recognised.

Please refer to the EssentialsEx configuration setup guide and apply any relevent setting.