PermissionsEX, Essentials Chat [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Oh_Haro_Der, Jun 7, 2015.

1. I am currently having a problem with PermissionsEX and Essentials Chat. When I create a Suffix for a group in PermissionsEX it posts it at the end. EX: Oh_Haro_Der[Owner], I would like it to be in the beginning. EX: [Owner]Oh_Haro_Der.

This is the current format in EssentialsChat: format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'

What can I do to put the suffix from PermissionsEX in the beginning of Displayname?

Thanks,
    Oh_Haro_Der

2. All placeholders:
    Code (Text):
    {DISPLAYNAME} {MESSAGE} {GROUP} {WORLDNAME} {SHORTWORLDNAME} {TEAMPREFIX} {TEAMSUFFIX} {TEAMNAME}

3. I added {GROUP} before {DISPLAYNAME} but the suffix is still at the end. All that is adds is the group name before the player's username but with no color codes or anything.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Suffix = After name
    Prefix = Before name

/pex (user/group) suffix [TEST] = Player[TEST]
    /pex (user/group) prefix [TEST] = [TEST]Player

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Hey, I believe this is what you are looking for but you would need to disable essentials chat.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/rankprefix-plus/
    I have tested this on spigot 1.8.7 and it works, just change the global layout to what you want, has quite a few placeholders for it.
    If you need any help setting this up then PM me, also if you don't want to use it and still want to use essentials chat pastebin your essentials config and i'll check it for you. :)

PS: Remember to download CS-CoreLib or it won't work.

6. Mikgreg

Supporter

This isn't what he's needing - he mistook what a suffix was, and is actually looking to set a prefix.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cldfire

Cldfire Retired Moderator
    Retired

A suffix is at the END. Hence the name "suffix."

If you want to place the text at the front, you need to set the prefix.

8. Thanks so much!

9. you are welcome ;)

can i have the ip of your server?

10. Sorry my bad, thought he said he wanted the suffix before, was thinking he wanted to move the suffix to before so that he could have multiple tags etc.