PermissionsEX Prefix/Permissions

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Zucks, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Hello, It's me Zucks. I recently gave my friend a Friend rank but no prefix nor did the permissions work. If you could help me that would be great. Thanks! Bye.

2. Gianluca

Gianluca Retired Resource Staff
    Retired Patron

For prefixes to work, you'll need Vault and a Vault supported chat plugin. This is assuming your permissions plugin supports Vault. For the other issue, we can't help us unless you give as appropriate details (name of permissions plugin, link to files, etc).

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. If you are using a 1.7 make sure to use PermissionsEx 1.22.2, and if it is 1.8, 1.23.3. Certain PaperSpigots that are 1.7-1.8 will require 1.23.3 no matter what. The regular 1.7-1.8 Spigot ProtocolHack can use PermissionsEx 1.22.2.

Dependancies
    For 1.7 use Vault 1.4.1
    For 1.8 use the latest.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. My permissions plugin is PermissionsEX
    My server type is Spigot 1.11.2
    I already have Vault installed
    and what do you mean link to files?

5. Ok, I did /plugins and noticed I did not have Vault. I got it and the prefixes worked!

6. One more question. When I add permissions to Default how do I make a copy of the default permissions then add those same permissions to another group? random e.g. Default rank has the following permissions: essentials.fly. Seasoned rank has the following permissions: essentials.fly, essentials.nick (But with more permissions :D) if you know how to do this please reply <3

7. The command would be /pex group <group> parents set <group> (The first group would be the new group and the second group would be the older group with all of the permissions.)

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Ok I will try that after I finish the default permissions ;)