PEX chat prefixes not working with EssentialsChat

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by vkumar2017, Apr 30, 2017.

1. latiku

Supporter

Do you have EssentialsChat installed?

2. Yes, I do.

3. have you don /pex reload. maybe try restarting the server?

4. Yes, I have done both of those.

5. Check to see if you have the permissions that you should have. If you give yourself the '*' you should have every command without being oped. If you do not, there is a problem with pex and how it is set up.

6. First thing that comes to mind is the case of the letters - in general, Minecraft and plugins tend to be case sensitive, so make sure you don't confuse "Admin" and "admin". But looking at the configs, it seems fine so let's consider other things. Next thing - I switched to EssentialsX some time ago, it's based on Essentials (fully compatible config and functions) but adds some very useful details into the game. Plus it's regularly updated. But when I switched and wanted to use EssentialsChat, I had to add Vault for EssX to hook into PEx for chat format to work. If you're using classic Essentials, it may be a shot in the dark, but installing Vault could work. If you're not familiar with it, it's just a passive plugin, doesn't eat resources, doesn't need configuration. If that fails, try manual trial-and-error troubleshooting - create a new test group with a simple prefix (maybe just a color code to keep it safe), then gradually add characters to it and see where it breaks. Or, with your current setup, try disabling some of the other plugins which might interfere with names and chat.