PEX /pex promote works but /promote doesn't

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by dwilson5817, May 2, 2015.

1. Hey guys,

Trying to setup PEX promotion on my server. The following permissions have been added to Moderator and higher:

permissions.promote
    permissions.user.promote
    permissions.user.promote.default
    permissions.promote.default

...but no matter what:

/pex promote [user] - Works

/promote [user] - Results in a 'Sorry, you don't have enough permissions'

Does /promote have a different permission node?

Thanks,
    Any help appreciated!

2. /promote might be taken by another plugin, explaining why the /pex command works.
    Could you list your plugins?

3. Here you are frash:

[14:45:44] [Server thread/INFO]: Plugins (33): BetterAlias, WorldBorder, TitleMotdAdvanced, NoCheatPlus, WorldEdit, Buycraft, Vault, EmptyWorldGenerator, Multiverse-Core, LogBlock, MyChunk, WorldGuard, ColoredTablist, NetEvents, BringBackTheEnd, HungerGames, Lockette, ClearLag, NameLayer, ScheduledAnnouncer2, Votifier, Essentials, SimpleVoteListener, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, Multiverse-Portals, Multiverse-Inventories, Multiverse-NetherPortals, PermissionsEx, EchoPet, Autorank, TitleManager, EssentialsChat

Still doesn't work :/

GroupManger doesn't have MySQL Support and PEX has been fine for me so I think I'll stick with it.

4. Hmm.. Does PEX have a debug mode? If it does, try doing /promote after you put it in debug mode, then pastebin the log.

5. Doesn't seem to have /pex debug is not a command.

Guys just a note:

The message is actually an error message from PEX, which leads me to believe its actually PEX denying the access to the command.