Resource PEXBuilder | GUI | Coming soon | Testers needed!

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by pablo67340, May 21, 2017.

1. Hey guys!

Many of you might have seen my other thread about Multi-Purpose JARs, if so, you know I have been working on several GUI's for plugins. I started a project today called PEXBuilder. It is aimed to generate your permissions.yml file seamlessly. You'll be able to drag and drop in all of the plugins you'll be using on your server which will populate a list of permissions you can use. These will automatically be saved into a list. You'll be able to click and choose which group or user gets what permissions. I wanted to post this to sort of, brain storm some ideas for the GUI. I also wanted to give anyone who might be interested the opportunity to ask any questions about this project. So what would you look for in this GUI? What would you want to be configurable? Let me know!

Update 6/27/2017:

I would like to show you guys a quick sneak peak of whats to come!

PEXBuilder has already been released with only flatfile compatibility. Some users requested MySQL.. sooooooo

[​IMG]

It is nearing completion and an update should roll out soon with this new feature!

Thanks to all of you who have suggested so many features to me! I am always accepting more!

Update 6/14/2017:
    So, After being declined yet again by the spigot staff to sell it as a premium resource, I decided to take another route.

PEXBuilder is now free. You can use every feature for free, the only catch is, there is a small banner ad at the bottom of the program. I have added the ability to register in the program, and actually be able to upgrade your account to make the ads go away! Here are the new updated previews and patchnotes:

Changes:

"PEXBuilder is now free to use, however it will come with ads. You can pay the 4.99 to upgrade your account to take away ads. You can also register/login with your Shulker Box accounts.

ADDED:
    - Login Page
    - Register Page
    - Profile Tab
    - Permission search bar, both Player & Group tabs
    - Brand new button themes!
    - Brand new font themes!

FIXES:
    - Fixed dragboard (drag and drop plugins not working on mac) (hopefully)"

Usage Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks! let me know what you think!

#1 pablo67340, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    • Creative Creative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. This is not a "Resource", I understand that you might think that tag is appropriate for this subject but it is actually meant for code snippets which make developers' lifes easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. This would be a resource once completed though. But not in development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Maybe add different types of dependencies (soft, depend, etc..) and also add if the permissions have children or not.

5. I have just finished children permissions today. Thanks for the suggestion!

6. This is really cool! Hopefully it should allow server owners an easier time if they've never edited a YAML before! :D:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I don't think it is going to work with plugins that don't include their permissions in plugin.yml. But if it does, it is going to be a good resource! Thumbs up for the author of it!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. This actually looks really cool. Good luck with development of this.

9. @enderwarrior_

The development has been completed however @md_5 has told me I cannot post it because its "Main Purpose" is not a plugin. I've been forced to sell it on my own marketplace. If you would like to check it out, click my banner! I am going to try everything in my power to get it sold on here, as its not a "poorly made" software. A ton of time has gone into this project and it is very high quality. I will keep you guys posted here if there are any updates.

10. I like the idea of this! Great work!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Will you ever be providing a lite version of this? I feel it's something that lots of people could benefit on but some people can't provide the resources needed to buy it. Even tho it's cheap, I know many people can't buy stuff online because they don't have a credit card to tie to a PayPal or different reasons like that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. This is an excellent idea and I actually really like it. A lot. I will be working on this tonight, over the next few days :)

Thanks so much for such an amazing idea.

13. I'll definitely be excited to see how this turns out!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey, I just dropped you a friend request on Skype, I really like this idea and I'd like to talk a little bit more about your work in general!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Major update today! Everyone should read!

16. From the update notes it looks good!

17. Strahan

Benefactor

I was going to check it out, but while you said it's free the page your banner ad sent me to says it's five bucks. I don't see where to download the ad driven one.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Apologies, the page my banner is hooked up to is the upgrade page, it will be available on spigot, however its on MCM right now.

http://www.mc-market.org/resources/3634/

19. Update: Still pending approval in the resource section. Another update is already being worked on to support MySQL!

20. Your hard drive is a bit full