Spigot PhantomSpawnControl [1.13.X - 1.14.X] [FREE] 2.1.1

Control when a phantom can spawn, GM Changes resets timer!

1. Alex_qp updated PhantomSpawnControl [1.13.X] with a new update entry:

Manual Phantom Spawning

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Alex_qp updated PhantomSpawnControl [1.13.X] with a new update entry:

Bed-Spawn-Protection

3. Seems to disable phantom spawning for all players, not just for the groups with the permission. I'll test and try to give more info.

4. Alex_qp updated PhantomSpawnControl [1.13.X] with a new update entry:

More Spawn-Options, Slight Adjustment

5. xxtreepuncherxx

Supporter

Is there a way to control the Phantoms HP? They seem to be 1 hit killing players, even players in enchanted diamond gear.

6. @xxtreepuncherxx If you enable giant_phantoms in the config you can adjust the phantom stats in the giantPhantomsConfiguration.yml (located in the plugin's folder). The first section with "0:" represents the default phantom as stated in the wiki.

If you have any questions on the spawn chances, please let me know :) (explanations can be found in the config.yml)

7. xxtreepuncherxx

Supporter

Ah so the one hit kill is from a giant Phantom. thank you for explaining that.

8. Does "player_above_sea_level: true" mean that phantoms will spawn when player below water or won't? I bit confused as to what it means

9. @Shano_dekono If player_above_sea_level is set to true the player must be above the sea level for any phantom spawns, if set to false the plugin will not check any heights.

10. ah thanx makes sense and what about "use_legacy:false"?

11. @Shano_dekono if legacy_mode is set to true the plugin will use the very first way to handle phantom spawning (or rather spawn preventing). I would not recommend activating legacy mode.

See the config.yml for further explanations (please note the first important note):

# ===========================================================
    # Explanations about legacy mode:
    # ===========================================================

# IMPORTANT: If you use the manual phantom spawning there is no need to bother about this section. The Plugin will spawn its own phantoms so there is no need for both of these variants.

# TL : DR none legacy mode is more precise but needs more time to remove the phantom. I would not recommend legacy mode especially if you disable spawning for a lot of players.

# Normally the plugin will wait until the phantom chooses its first target and then either remove the phantom or (if giant_phantoms is enabled) apply different stats.
    # Legacy mode will detect any player near the spawn location of a phantom and check if there is someone who you do not want to be able to spawn phantoms. So this means one player is enough to disable phantom spawning around his location. However if all players around the phantom's spawn location have a greater score than max_ticks it will choose the lowest score in order to spawn the weakest phantom. (this is only relevant if giant_phantoms is enabled)

#31 Alex_qp, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Alex_qp updated PhantomSpawnControl [1.13.X] with a new update entry:

DebugMode, Bugfix

13. I am recieving a lot of divided feedback about phantoms;
    - One half of my server is asking me to disable phantoms
    - The other half is asking me to keep them on

I was thinking about having the users themselves decide whether they want phantoms enabled or not, via a command, like /togglephantoms or such. Would it be possible for you to add such a command and feature to this plugin?
    Hence you already got per-player permission based control about this, would it be possible for you to introduce a command with it's own permission to the plugin; so I can have my players freely choose whether they want to have phantoms enabled for them at any time?

14. I will look into that. It may be split into two updates.

15. I should have looked for this sooner. I'm afraid to interact with my players and constantly sleeping, which slightly interferes with their gameplay.

Just curious, does this use the PaperMC PhantomSpawn API or is it compatible with genuine Spigot?

16. Alex_qp updated PhantomSpawnControl [1.13.X] with a new update entry:

Toggle Command

17. thanks a lot for your update! i already updated it on my server, and i will talk back to you in case there is any issues about this update!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alex_qp updated PhantomSpawnControl [1.13.X] with a new update entry:

Update to 1.14, Bugfix

19. I've been operating all along on an assumption - that "native minecraft version" means minimum and that older builds still load on 1.13.x, hence the version support denoting both.
    Or does it simply run on 1.13 with a reduced feature set?