Ping cache of a server

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by Itaquito, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Hello!
    I'm having this weird issue on my Bungee network. If a plugin tries to ping a server in order to get some information about it (status, motd, players), it doesn't show up to date numbers.
    For example, if I close a server and then the plugin tries to get info about it, it will still show as online.

Is there a configuration that can be changed so this information is not cache (or something similar)?

2. I don't think it's a cache but rather a delay. All plugins require a bit of time to send/retrieve data from the proxy.

3. Hum its a weird problem, I spoke to the developer of that plugin and apparently I'm the only one that has this issue. For other players, the plugin can get the info of the servers almost instantly.

4. I'm starting to think that maybe this is not a configuration that has to do with bungee, but more like something about the server (VPS) the server is hosted on.

I tried to replicate the issue on localhost, however, I was unable to. The plugin gets up to date data about the server really fast.

5. No point in testing speed on localhost, it's always going to be fast.

6. It's not technically the same? All the servers are in the same VPS, pinging each other should be fast...?

7. For future reference, it is a configuration located in the config.yml of bungeecord
    Code (Text):
    remote_ping_cache: -1
    This caches the ping responses, you can remove the cache by setting it to -1