Piston push limit

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by L0lydude, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Hey, i was wondering if there is any way to (with a plugin or without) change the piston push limit?
    i saw a modified version of minecraft with a push limit gamerule and even a server, but i still need it running on spigot 1.12 exactly.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Nope, its not possible in vanilla or spigot. The only way to do this is a forge mod, or an NBT tag editor which will only allow this on a client's single player world.

There's a reason its capped at 12 blocks. Minecraft cannot easily handle more than 12 blocks and begins to visually glitch out as well as start lagging.

3. Well, thats too bad.

4. You could code something up, but it would take a lot of space. Somethat that goes through every block in from of the piston face, and it moves each one by one and then activates the piston.

5. You propably want to set the push limit to a higher number which is only possible the way SatproMC described.

But if you want to decrease the push limit this can be done pretty simple.
    Just listen for the BlockPistonExtendEvent (and the BlockPistonRetractEvent) and check if event.getBlocks().size() is larger than your custom limit and cancel the event if so.