Spigot PlaceholderAPI OtherPlayer Expansion 1.3.0

Get coordinates, displayname, gamemode, health, hunger, level, and more of another player.

1. L3thalBunny submitted a new resource:

PlaceholderAPI OtherPlayer Expansion - Get coordinates, displayname, gamemode, health, hunger, level, and more of another player.

Read more about this resource...

2. L3thalBunny updated PlaceholderAPI OtherPlayer Expansion with a new update entry:

Added new placeholders and updated getPlayer method

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. @L3thalBunny here is the suggestion for this plugin.
    It will be nice to add a current count of player alts online. Just check IPs of all players and group them. If few players have the same IPs count them as alts and set PlaceholderAPI variable %otherplayer_alts_online_<player>% and %thisplayer_alts_online% to this count. I will use this feature with the plugin like ConditionalPerms to revoke essentials.afk.kickexempt permission if the player uses alt accounts. It will make the server to kick all player alt accounts after a few minutes AFKing till staying the latest one which will not be kicked automatically.
    Thanks for considering my request.

#3 Art_NRG, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  4. is it really important to know what city your players are from? seems like a violation of privacy also that'd only be accurate if they arent using a proxy. Also some of those things look plugin dependant, like: is vanished depends on what vanish plugin your using, coins depends on what economy plugin your using, mysterycrates on ur crates plugin, rank on your permissions plugin.

I can work on adding some of the more general cases but i'm not looking to make this extension 3rd party plugin accomodating.

5. I'm going to think about this...

6. L3thalBunny updated PlaceholderAPI OtherPlayer Expansion with a new update entry:

Added inventory item checking

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Does this not support getting the other player's name from another placeholder?

8. it supports getting players name and display names from spigot. it has no support for hooking into other plugins or extensions. If you're other placeholder is not setting the players name via spigot api then there's nothing i can or will do to support it.

9. I'm basically doing this and getting PNF not sure why.

Code (Text):
    var owner = "%askyblock_owner%";
    var perm = "%otherplayer_hasperm_" + owner + "_perm_askyblock.island.range.125%";
    var perm2 = "%otherplayer_hasperm_" + owner + "_perm_askyblock.island.range.150%";
    var perm3 = "%otherplayer_hasperm_" + owner + "_perm_askyblock.island.range.200%";

function anything() {
      if (perm3 === "true") {
        return "&a\u25A0\u25A0\u25A0";
      } else if (perm2 === "true") {
        return "&a\u25A0\u25A0&c\u25A0";
      } else if (perm === "true") {
        return "&a\u25A0&c\u25A0\u25A0";
      } else {
        return "&c\u25A0\u25A0\u25A0" + " " + perm;
      }
    }
    anything();
    What am I doing wrong ?

10. Seems like owner variable isn't getting parsed before attempting to parse the placeholder so it's likely looking for a player named "owner" instead of the actual owner you are trying to pass it.

Test it by passing it a static player name.

This is likely what is being passed to OtherPlayer placeholder:

%otherplayer_hasperm_owner_perm_askyblock.island.range.125%
    or
    %otherplayer_hasperm_%askyblock_owner%_perm_askyblock.island.range.125%

Either case will return PNF.