Solved Play sound to all players on server | ERROR

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by vPixelZ, May 22, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I tried to make it so that every x mins a sound plays to all the players on the server.

Here's the code I am currently using:
    Code (Text):

Player[] arrayOfPlayer;
                 int j = (arrayOfPlayer = Bukkit.getOnlinePlayers()).length;
                 for (int i = 0; i < j; i++)
                 {
                   Player p = arrayOfPlayer[i];
                   p.playSound(p.getLocation(), Sound.CLICK, 10.0F, 1.0F);

Code (Text):
    [10:02:51] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins/autobroadcast.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
        The type com.avaje.ebean.EbeanServer cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
        Type mismatch: cannot convert from Collection<capture#1-of ? extends Player> to Player[]

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:135) ~[spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:329) ~[spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:251) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:292) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:739) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:535) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.java:25) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:141) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:641) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:1162) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:997) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:45) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:1) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_71]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_71]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:44) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.B(MinecraftServer.java:715) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.B(DedicatedServer.java:374) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.A(MinecraftServer.java:654) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:557) [spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_71]
    Caused by: java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
        The type com.avaje.ebean.EbeanServer cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
        Type mismatch: cannot convert from Collection<capture#1-of ? extends Player> to Player[]

at me.prine.broadcaster.main.<init>(main.java:1) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_71]
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_71]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:1.8.0_71]
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422) ~[?:1.8.0_71]
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442) ~[?:1.8.0_71]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.<init>(PluginClassLoader.java:76) ~[spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:131) ~[spigott.jar:git-Spigot-db6de12-18fbb24]
        ... 21 more

Could someone help me or give me a piece of code that should work?

Regards

2. Or just go for the "for" loop and use it like this:

for (Object name : getAllOnlinePlayers) {
    playSound for name
    }

Put that in a runnable and you'll be fine

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I like how you can obviously see this code is decompiled. See ^ that message

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. How?

5. Decompiled or not, we're all used to stealing each other's pieces of code.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. @TheBlackTeddy This is the exact way array loops are compiled by java. No one makes their array loops like this.

@Pr0totype2 didn't say it was bad, though :p.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Hex

Hex
    IRC Staff

Don't ever use the Eclipse compiler. Compiling with errors is possibly the worst thing you could do. Besides the fact that you are clearly using decompiled code, the method signature of Bukkit.getOnlinePlayers() changed in a recent update from [Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player to a Collection.

8. The code had no errors, I accidentally exported using the wrong library. This has been solved.