1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Crash Player able to crash server

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by lukeer31, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Hi there, to cut a long story short. A player joined , not going to mention his name. But he said "I am going to crash your server". I just treated him like a normal noob / troll and ignored him, until the server unexpectedly dropped out. I instabaned him and his IP.

http://pastebin.com/TZvvxRzS

The server error log came up with that, the server just completely locked up.

He joined teamspeak about 60 seconds later, and for some reason decided he would tell me how to do it.
    He explained that it was something to do with stacking 2 powered beacons on top of each other, then placing TNT mine carts on the top.

I think this may have just been some kind of distraction or something to try and get himself off the hook.

Thats all i know. I am going to be testing this extensively.

2. joehot200

Supporter

Server failed to do some task. Cant work out what the task was though.

3. joehot200

Supporter

Looked more closley:
    01.04 02:20:36 [Server] SEVERE net.coreprotect.thread.CacheCleanUp.run(CacheCleanUp.java:14)
    I think CoreProtect crashed your server.
    Do members have access to /Co inspect, or /co rollback?

4. Yes, but at the time it was not running. Normal members of his rank were unable to use either of those commands.
    The server crashed as soon as he exclaimed "I am going to crash your server" , and CoreProtect has never caused a server crash before now

5. is that _ALL_ of the logs?

6. Fraid so, no standard crash report or anything like that, my control panel saw the server to have stopped responded and rebooted it, there were no other errors before that, the server performed as normal

7. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

Show your logs before the crash, a while before.

8. joehot200

Supporter

Maybe they used some exploit in coreprotect?

9. are you running the latest coreprotect? if not i would recommend updating.

10. Yep i am