Player IPs Shown when people join server.

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Softball, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Hello,
    I hope im posting this in the right place. Recently my server's console has been showing everyone who join's IP as soon as they enter our server. We want to disable this for obvious reasons. Does anyone have any clue how to do this?

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

I don't get it.
    What is the obvious reason?
    It's the console, only senior and trusted staff should see it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. It shows everyone the IP Address, including defaulted players. The obvious reason being, you can track people's whereabouts and more from their IP. Their IP is broadcasted as they join the server.

4. Notice: "Luis_Houston's IP is: xxxx" at the top in Purple Text.

Attached Files:

#4 Softball, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  5. Re-check your plugins. That's not an spigot issue.

6. I'm very willing to bet that this message only shows for operators or players with a certain permission.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. We used multiple alts and asked our default players if they could see the IPs and they all said yes.

8. Then go through your plugins as mentioned above. Any half decent plugin should have a permission for that sort of functionality though.

9. MiniDigger

Supporter

List of Plugins?

10. @MiniDigger I've attached a screenshot of our plugins.

Attached Files:

11. Strahan

Benefactor

Why do you have two copies of Buycraft? Remove the duplicate. Also the next time you screenshot a plugin list, it'd help to expand the name column so it isn't truncated.

That's not the console.

12. Well its coming from [Server] Server thread/INFO and I dont know where to edit this. @Strahan

13. That doesn't tell us anything. Share a list of your plugins or we won't know what could be doing it. If you don't want to do that, remove some of your plugins until it stops, then you can find the specific plugin causing it.