Player Tick and syncChunkLoad causing lag?

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by Josh A, Apr 14, 2013.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. I have the same results.
    Also when there is a small amount of players playerCommand and TickEntity/EntityTick cause a substantial amount of lag also.

Would be great if the Spigot team can look into ways to decrease the heavy usage of these events.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. It's really odd. I've actually upgraded my server (8gb ram, ssd, 3.6ghz AMD processor) and the lag still continues! I'll let you know if I ever find a solution :/

3. Bestle

Patron

Bit of a long shot here, but have you tried disabling Spigots anti xray?

4. Never even had it enabled.

5. I don't think this is actually a Spigot issue and more a CB issue. I get very similar problems with CraftBukkit (1.5.1 R0.2)

6. Plugins:
    VanillaWorld is outdated. (Or doesn't know how to optimize the PlayerJoinEvent)
    PermissionsBukkit and MultiInv seem to be interfering, or your server is having bad trouble shifting players worlds.
    ClearLag needs to update their Interval Method.

Spigot.jar
    ClearLag could be causing the syncChunkLoad due to the chunk looking for an item that ClearLag has removed.
    ^That is just a guessing thing.
    Post the errors you got on the crash. Server doesn't crash without an error log.
    Check how out dated your /ver is to the current version.

7. Same problem. Sometimes the server just freezes for a couple of seconds, you guys got that too?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I've managed to fix this this problem: I had to reset my world because it was corrupt. I didn't really want to do this but it was an instant fix.