Solved Players Disconnecting in Certain Chunks

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Nighterblde, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, so I'm currently having this error with players diconeccting in certain chunks. Anyone know what's causing this?
    Client Side Error:
    Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: readerIndex(9) + length(1) exceeds writer Index(9): UnpooledHeapByteBuf(ridx: 9. widx: 9, cap:9)
    [​IMG]
    Server Log Error:
    08.06 22:17:14 [Server] ERROR io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: String too big (was 32788 bytes encoded, max 32767)

Any ideas to what's causing this? Only started recently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Any ideas?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I don't think it's a chunk i think it is most likely a sign, chat. If it was a chunk it probably give a Packet to large

4. I receive the same error after a play time, any solution ? :/

5. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

I can confirm this is happening. I would assume it's some sort of exploit.

I think it's worth noting that this is only happening on my 2 servers that run the Factions plugin.

6. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

Okay, so I was just linked to this.

I am unable to update to 1.8.7 at the moment, though, as the latest LilyPad version is causing major lag on 1.8.7 versions of Spigot.

Perhaps this is something that could be patched with a plugin?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Any solutions?

8. Updated to 1.8.7, didnt fix.

9. Haven't found a solution for this, any other ideas? I would update to 1.8.7, but alot of plugins break which I would have to go into the hassle of fixing, and Patrick says it doesn't work anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Me and my best bud Patrick updated to 1.8.7. It didn't fix the area it was causing crashes but we rolled back the area, now updated with 1.8.7 and that supposedly will stop this happening again? Not sure.

11. Tried worldediting all the signs out in a 500 block radius of the chunk in regards to what Collins said, no dice :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. I upgraded to 1.8.7 then used Coreprotect to rollback. It seems that a sign was never placed in the area so I think there was a bug that a client was exploiting to place some sort of messed up block.
    What you could do it Upgrade to 1.8.7 then use MCEdit to remove anything needed.

When you removed the signs did you remove all types?
    [​IMG]
    Link

13. Yeah, I removed all types. I'll just try rolling back a month. :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fixed! Issue has been resolved! You don't need to update or do anything, simply go near the place you're have errors, and simple rollback a few weeks!

• Like Like x 1
  15. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

That's not exactly an ideal solution, and doing so wouldn't prevent players from continuing to abuse this exploit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Updating to 1.8.7 would block players from doing this, but I rather not, so I guess I'm just going to rollback each time this happens :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. Affixes

Supporter

Would like to bump this up. Multiple of our servers have now been affected by this. @Thinkofdeath @md_5

18. Had this just happen to some areas of my plot world. No idea what's going on really. Tried getting as close as I can, but I can confirm it's not just one chunk, or someone's plot.

19. Yes I have the same problem since a few minutes ago. It is very weird because I didn't change any plugins or something the last week, I only heard of a few players that they were unable to connect to factions.

I get this error in the console:
    [23:03:03 INFO]: [+] det483 joined the game.
    [23:03:03 ERROR]: io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: String too big (was 32789 bytes encoded, max 32767)
    [23:03:03 ERROR]: io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: String too big (was 32789 bytes encoded, max 32767)
    [23:03:03 INFO]: [-] det483 left the game.

http://prntscr.com/7fwid9

I can't even join the server, I only have access to the server with the console.

#20 det483, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.