PLEASE HELP! LAG! OFFER MONEY!

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by _CyberDark_, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solved

#1 _CyberDark_, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. How much of your server memory are you using?

Edit: Typically find this on the homepage of your console and it'll inform you of the % memory used.

3. Hmm, are one of your Bungee servers bringing the servers stress? Have you restarted your entire network *You might want to*

4. The network doesn't lag. Just the server in the timings.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reduce the servers to like 3GB. It probs has too much and can't comprehend it all.

6. Celebrimbor

Patron

Could you get timings longer than 2 minutes? Your averages and total timings show no lag at all. Try getting a 5-10 minutes sample.

In the VERY limited sample size, the only tasks that are deemed heavy (for momentary blips) are
    upload_2017-4-13_14-13-14.png

and

upload_2017-4-13_14-13-54.png

Those are responsible for over 60% of your processes (during lag). On average, your server does not lag...but the limited window of a 2-minute timing is the reason. You may very well have lag, but this sample cannot define it.

7. Yes. Maybe 5GB would be good.

8. I got rid of supervanish, but then it happened again. So that is not the problem. Don't the the problem is mob spawning of ASkyblock, considering that that plugin is used by huge networks and never causes problems. Any other suggestion? Gonna post a longer timings logging soon, but it would have no sense cause server is not having issues now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yes, more than. :)

10. Celebrimbor

Patron

I will wait on the timings of 10 minutes. The previous timings is not worth commenting on if an accurate timings is inbound.

11. The problem now is that the server is not having any issue so you won't see anything interesting or helpful in the timings (the timings that I have posted are exactly when the server lags really bad). Anyways, for the other timings we have to wait for tomorrow, when I change Spigot to paper spigot again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. This is my start.sh (8gb and not 16gb, just updated it) if it is helpful in any way

java -Xmx8G -Xms8G -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=45 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:G1NewSizePercent=50 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=80 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=10 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=50 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar spigot.jar

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gaxan

Supporter

What's your CPU usage during the TPS drop? I don't think this is a RAM issue.

14. I have no idea. Check the timings!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Here it is. Server was at 13tps (even tho timings says 20) and started lagging a bit)

https://timings.aikar.co/?id=b1ac3f6c74b04e76b38d75f48981e814

https://timings.aikar.co/?id=f4f029f1fcf0474aa33b8aa5f26c203e

#15 _CyberDark_, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Celebrimbor

Patron

1st timings:
    Unless I'm reading something wrong, it seems like you have a chicken farm problem. Because a good 20-30% of all your processes for ticking entities (your heaviest task(s)) goes into ticking chickens and egg entities. Do you have a farm limiter? Maybe limit chickens to 30 in a chunk? There really isn't anything critical in this timings sample.

2nd timings:
    This is again a very short timing and hard to say this isn't just a small blip of lag. The majority of the load during the lag is these items right here:
    Capture.JPG
    That ASkyBlock AcidEffect event in combination with NoCheatPlus figuring out what's going on with that event seems to be too much all at once. Does this event ring any bells?

Minecraft Scheduler is basically a summary of everything going on, the image I snipped outweighs the remaining 80% of the list.

#16 Celebrimbor, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  17. Gaxan

Supporter

This looks like it may be one of your problem areas.
    Code (Text):

4608,5632 (Area Seen 24 times)
    Totals: 790 Entities - 128 — Tile Entities - Summary:
    ENDER_CHEST: 2BREWING_STAND: 2WALL_SIGN: 2PLAYER: 2ENDERMAN: 2COW: 2MOB_SPAWNER: 4SIGN_POST: 4SPIDER: 5CREEPER: 11ZOMBIE: 13FURNACE: 20SKELETON: 22HOPPER: 46CHEST: 48DROPPED_ITEM: 113CHICKEN: 620

18. Thanks for your reply. Anyways, I don't think it is possible.. I mean.. Just a hundred chickens and entities never cause this lag. You have no idea how bad it gets sometimes. Then it gets better after 15/20mins on its own.. Then after a few hours it happens again. I have clearlagg as well, so if TPS drop, it automatically clear entities ecc. Gonna use a farm limiter plugin, but again, I don't think that's the main problem here. ,

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gaxan

Supporter

you have 620 chickens in one area and yes that can cause lag.

20. Not the type of lag that I have been dealing with, trust me. But anyways, I will put a farm limiter

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.