Please Help Random TPS Drop and Players are Suffering

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by M0B1995, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Hello,

I can provide a list of plugins that we use, But the main issue at hand is we have 20Tps untill we reach around 35 player count then the Tps tanks to around 8-14. When more players login and the count increases to 50+ players random waves of 5-10 players get disconnected at the same time. Any information on what could be causing this would be very helpful. The server is capable of holding 500players and we think it is a plugin causing this issue. We are currently running the server in 1.12.2.

Plugin List:
    Advanced-Portals-0.0.41-snapshot.jar
    AnimationLib.jar
    Banknotes.jar
    BuycraftX.jar
    CCM.jar
    ChestRestock-2.3.2.jar
    ChestShop-0.jar
    Citizens-2.0.27-b2028.jar
    CitizensBooks-2.6.1.jar
    Clearlag.jar
    cncp.jar
    ColoredSigns.jar
    Commandspy-4.1.0.jar
    ConsoleScheduler.jar
    CoreProtect-2.14.4.jar
    CrazyEnvoy.v1.3.10.jar
    DiscordSRV-Build-1.18.4.jar
    dtlTraders-6.1.4.jar
    Dynmap-3.0.1-spigot.jar
    EditableSign-7.0.4.jar
    EssentialsX-2.16.1.0.jar
    EssentialsXChat-2.16.1.0.jar
    EssentialsXSpawn-2.17.1.60.jar
    FastAsyncWorldEdit-bukkit-19.11.13-5505943-1282-22.3.5.jar
    GCore.jar
    GriefPrevention.jar
    HolographicDisplays.jar
    HubCommand.jar
    iControlU_v1.9.8.jar
    iDisguise-0.jar
    images-2.1.1.jar
    KillerMoney.jar
    KitAdder-0.jar
    LibsDisguises-10.0.15-Free.jar
    LiteBans.jar
    LuckPerms-Bukkit-5.0.72.jar
    MassiveCore.jar
    MassiveTickets.jar
    mcMMO.jar
    MineResetLite.jar
    Multiverse-Core-2.5.0.jar
    Multiverse-NetherPortals-4.1.0.jar
    Multiverse-Portals-4.1.0.jar
    NametagEdit.jar
    NoSpam.jar
    NPCAuctions-0.jar
    PlaceholderAPI-2.10.4.jar
    PlaceholderExpantion-GAListener.jar
    PlayerVaults.jar
    PluginConstructorAPI.jar
    ProtocolLib.jar
    QuestCreator.jar
    Sentinel-2.0.1-SNAPSHOT-b327.jar
    ServerMinimap.jar
    Shop.jar
    SilkSpawners.jar
    SimpleAutoBroadcaster.jar
    spark.jar
    SpawnJoin.jar
    Spigot-CommandSigns.jar
    Stayput-Reloaded-v1.1.jar
    UltimateAutoRestart.jar
    UltimateBossBar.jar
    UltraCosmetics-2.5.7-RELEASE.jar
    Vault.jar
    ViaBackwards-3.1.0.jar
    ViaVersion-3.1.1.jar
    votifier-1.9.jar
    VoxelSniper-5.172.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
    Whitelist.jar
    WildTp.jar
    WorldBorder.jar
    WorldEdit.jar
    worldguard-bukkit-6.2.2.jar

2. Well just from taking a quick glance at your list I can tell you CoreProtect and Dynmap would be pretty intense on your CPU. Maybe dial down what items you are tracking on CoreProtect and turn off dynmap updating. I assume Multiverse would be too if you're running a lot of worlds simultaneously. I assume you are running a version of 1.12.2 spigot? You could try out some of the performance forks out there and see if lag improves (from my own experience it will). What are your server specs if you don't mind sharing? Is it a VPS or dedicated server?

3. I thought maybe it might be coreprotect but we spent the money to get the better version, and dynmap would prop be a good option to try, Im confused what you mean by performance forks and im unsure how to get the specs as i am just a person running it creating the forum for the owner. but the server is dedicated with 40Gb of ram idk about cpu

4. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to discuss spigot forks here so I won't link any but your owner might know what I'm talking about. RAM appears more than enough (20 GB would easily run a single server) so it might be your CPU constraining performance.

5. Post a timings report when the problem is occurring. Let it run for 5 to 10 minutes.

6. No. A Spigot timings report.
    1. Do /timings on
    2. Wait 5 minutes or so
    3. Do /timings paste
    4. Post the given link

7. Open your server, wait past or one hour. Then, please use timings paste command. Copy link then paste here for we can help you.

8. Looking at your plugins list, I'd assume maybe the CPU is affected not by a single plugin, but the number of plugins used. A server should average at around 20-40 plugins. Try getting rid of useless plugins, or combining a few. I notice that you have a few Essentials plugins, a plugin to handle holograms, tab...these can all be handled with a single plugin. You could maybe lower your plugin count by 10-20 plugins just by installing CMI.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. The number of plugins has little affect on performance. That's why the proper way to approach this is by analyzing a timings report.

10. ive been looking at the timings report and at the time /wild was the only thing i saw in red when the tps would drop from 20 to 14 with 30 players on. but atm its sitting at 4-7tps with 10 players on im unsure what Minecraft::Scheduled Block: Fire (SELF) means xD