PlotMe Importing Other Plugins?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by rightfootmessi, May 16, 2017.

1. So I finally got the .java files from GitHub and I'm setting up the project. At long last it's perfectly set up, except... there's a lot of errors in the code due to the fact that it's importing classes from other plugins, and since I don't have those other plugins as part of the project it's giving me a bunch of red flags.

How do I fix this? Do I just use "Add External JARs" and select the plugin jars or what?

2. Find the jars PlotMe uses as libraries/dependencies, and add them as a library to your project.

3. Ok, should I just search the package names and hope a github comes up? Also, does it matter which version of the other plugins I use?

4. You can add the compiled plugin JARs to eclipse directly with the add JARs feature. I would not try to add the source of another plugin to your project.

5. The answer to this is : it might.

If you're using the latest version of plotme then check their page and any plugins it requires it should give you a version. As for knowing which plugins it's using check your import section of your code if there's an error it should give you a clue as to what library you need to add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Why not just use Maven? (it already has been setup for Maven)

7. Well you see I'm still a noob at developing and thus have absolutely no idea how to use Maven

8. Make sure there is a pom.xml file that is valid. Get a maven plugin for your IDE. Refresh project. Do 'mvn clean install package' and then you should get a jar in the target folder

9. Do you think I need all of the other files here or is bringing in only the pom.xml fine?

10. So basically I should have imported the entire project rather than just the code itself

11. There's nothing in that folder. Do I still need it?

12. You git clone it.