Solved Plugin Control?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by ExoBiTe, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Hey
    I just were thinking about "Controlling" a Plugin of mine using a webserver.
    Let me give you an example:
    I found out that a released Version of my Plugin has a fatal Bug in its MySQL-Data Storage. So i go to my webserver and set MySQL to false. This data gets retrieved by my Plugin and sets the Plugins MySQL Boolean to false and notifies the Player that a Bug was found, so MySQL gets disabled until a fix is released.

Now my question is: Are i am allowed to do that?
    The Plugin will just try to receive the data, if it can´t find any data it will just don´t change any booleans, so it also works without a internet connection (btw. The Plugin is free).
    I also don´t have access to change anything else than booleans, so i am not able to send Commands etc to the Server.

2. You are allowed to do that, I believe as long as you tell the user you are connecting to an external service that has some control over your plugin.

3. They should/will know as i create a config value which can be toggled on/off.

4. Then I think you should be good, if you do that.

5. Okay, thangs for your opinion.
    I was just asking here because i didn´t get an asnwer from the staffs, and i wasn´t sure about this.