Plugin export .jar not updating from old .jar

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by suitinacow, Jun 30, 2015.

1. This is a weird subject but I've made multiple changes to my bukkit plugin and export it every so changes and just realized that the .jar thats exported is the same .jar as the first export i made.. i made sure i have the right directory and file name but it still doesnt seem to update at all..?

2. Try to update java or restart eclipse, I have the use problem ;)

3. That is the exact reason I switched to intellij. Eclipse uses a custom compiler that has a lot of issues.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. I'd assume you're looking in the wrong place. What's the full path you're getting the jarfile from?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Agreed. Check to see if the output directory is what you are expecting it to be.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. D:\MC plugins\sc\src\main\java\io\github\suitinacow\sc\ServerPlugin.java

7. it is what im expecting it to be.. i set the directory before i actually exported it

8. Yeah. You've run into the same issue I had, except for me, not only was the jar not changing, it was completely empty. You might need to use the JDK's compiler.

9. And how is that done??

10. thx

11. Not a problem. The video is a bit outdated, but you can always find another if it has changed

Edit: after watching that again I remembered how complicated that is. Try restarting eclipse. I noticed that for my issues the first compile worked and after that they all failed.

#12 Tecno_Wizard, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015